Chapter 12 - The Descent.

~Ally's POV;~

I woke up in the early hours of the morning in a bedroom, with antique paintings and alcohol. I instantly knew from the alcohol that it was Damon's bedroom. It had to be. I looked up from where I was resting my head and found Damon lying beside me, his body on top of the covers, his eyes closed. I smiled and got off of the bed and tiptoed into the bathroom, trying not to wake Damon up as I did. I shut the door behind me then walked over to the mirror and looked at myself for a moment, and eventually saw the difference in my face. I gasped at the sight of my even paler skin, my eyes with dark circles around them and my dry lips. I looked tired and ill. I remembered the wolf biting me last night, and it going away then coming back. I gulped and slowly grabbed the material of my t-shirt, tugging it down and revealing my shoulder. My eyes widened even more than they were before. The wolf bite was twice as bad as last night.

I turned around, with my back facing the mirror, as I glanced at my shoulder and saw the wolf bite properly, bloody and rotting. A sob broke through my lips but I quickly covered the bite up with my t-shirt again as I paced back and forth in the bathroom, breathing in and out to keep myself calm.

Is there a cure? How did it come back? I'm not a vampire. How is this all possible? Will I die?

I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom to find Damon standing there with concern all over his face as he asked "You ok?" I nodded and put on a fake smile as I mumbled "I'm fine." He sighed and asked "How is it?" He glanced at my shoulder with worry as I whispered "It's ok." I stepped around him and walked down the stairs towards the living room.

I listened to Damon, following me down the stairs as he said "Ally, let me see it, Ally-" I felt his hand grab my arm and pull me back as I turned to him and mumbled with upset "You don't want to see it." I held my hand on my shoulder, shielding the wolf bite from him. Damon snapped impatiently "Let me see it." I sighed and dropped my hand from my shoulder as Damon pulled the material of my shirt down, revealing the bloody, rotting wolf bite.

I noticed the alarm in Damon's eyes but he hid it well, he composed himself and muttered "It looks better than yesterday." I rolled my eyes and mumbled "Course it does." Damon walked over to the alcohol cabinet and slammed his hand down on the wood, his body going tense.

He turned to me and said "I'll get you out of this." I nodded to please him but I knew it seemed impossible.

He poured two glasses of bourbon and handed me one as he said with a small smirk "It's just a little wolf bite." I smirked and teased "Just a little fatal werewolf bite that wasn't meant to be harmful to me but it is." Damon sighed and said "Only according to legend, which is a notoriously unreliable source. Drink." He nodded towards the bourbon in my hand as I nodded and downed it, feeling it numb the pain in my shoulder for a moment.

I placed the glass down and asked "Could you drop me home?" He placed his glass down and said with concern "I don't think home is the best place for you right now, you shouldn't be alone." I put on a smile and mumbled "I'll be fine-" Before Damon could argue back I continued "I just need to have a shower, get myself sorted, see my dad, then you can keep an eye on me for as long as you want." Damon smirked and muttered "I like the sound of that."

I smirked and followed him out of the Boarding House and to his car, getting into the passenger seat beside him. I pulled on Damon's leather jacket and exhaled in relief, finding the smell of Damon's cologne consume me. I feel safe in Damon's jacket, I have no idea why, but I just do.

After a few moments of driving, Damon pulled the car alongside my house, thanks to his speedy driving. I looked at Damon and mumbled "Thanks." Damon looked at me and said with a smile "You have an hour, then i'm taking you back." I smirked and whispered "Fine." He wiggled his eyebrows, hinting for a kiss. I rolled my eyes and sat upright, pressing my lips to his. He smirked against my lips as I pulled away after a minute, before we could get engrossed.