Chapter 21 - Sacrifice.

~Ally's POV;~

"You should never have been brought into this, dad."

Those are the only words that I could say as my dad looked around and breathed heavily, staring at his surroundings with alert eyes. He shook his head and stated sympathetically as he looked at me and Elena "Neither should the two of you." I stared at him surprise, as he stood from the floor and paced back and forth, whilst deep in thought. I frowned and stood from the ground too, bringing Elena up with me, as we approached him with concern, having no idea what's going on in his head right now. With Greta across the sacrifice grounds, probably being 'so generous' by giving us a moment, my dad turned to Elena and I as he stated cautiously "I'm gonna get us out of here." He nodded with determination across his face, telling us with a look that we'd be ok.

I went to question him but he announced with sympathy in his eyes "I know everything, honey." I frowned with confusion and tightened my hand around Elena's arm, feeling my body completely freeze. He knows? How? What does he know?

He rubbed the nape of his neck and glanced around suspiciously, almost on guard for Klaus, as if he knew he'd be here soon. The thought of him being in the know about all of this, rattled and unsettled me. He shouldn't know about all of this, it shouldn't be his problem. Elena asked nervously, before I could attempt to question his knowledge myself, "What do you know?" My dad continued to rub at his neck as he answered wearily "I know why we're here. This sacrifice for Klaus to become a hybrid, he needs a vampire, a werewolf and the two doppelgangers. You two-" He turned to us as I stared at him with shock, unable to believe he already knew what I was trying to keep him out of. Eventually the lump in my throat repressed as I asked with disbelief "How do you know?" He exhaled stressfully and rubbed at his eyes as he answered "I'm a vampire hunter, sweetheart. Over the years, rumours and speculations have circled your name, and I tried so hard to keep you safe..." My head was shaking uncontrollably at his words as I argued sympathetically, with tears threatening to escape my eyes, "This isn't your fault. You did an amazing job, I was just too damn stubborn to listen." My dad's laugh was fragile  for a moment then completely cut off as he grimaced loudly, growing weaker and on edge as the seconds passed. Elena rubbed my arm soothingly as my dad paced in front of us and groaned with discomfort across his face "My head. It's pounding." I frowned with sympathy and stepped close to him as I asked "Do you remember what happened? Just before you woke up here?" He rubbed at his temples as he met my eyes and answered with confusion, memory returning to his face, "I just got back from my research, and Elena was there-" I looked at Elena as she frowned with confusion, with no clue what he was talking about. My dad continued with disorientation "She said that you were hurt and I went to ask what wrong, I should have known it wasn't her. Then some vampire grabbed me. It had to be Klaus." I glanced at Elena as we shared a look of understanding, Klaus had got him. My dad stared around frantically for a moment and explained as he rubbed at his temples again, stress spreading across his entire body, "He made me drink his blood, and then the bastard killed me. I'm in transition, but it's gonna be ok." I frowned with concern as Elena exhaled slowly from beside me, wanting to help my dad too. He didn't deserve to be a part of this. I've never seen my dad so on edge, so stressed and all over the place. I hate this. I hate Klaus for this.

Your dad's gonna be ok, he's strong, he'll be ok. Keep calm.

He nodded reassuringly at me and Elena, then looked over our shoulders, staring around us cautiously, waiting for Klaus' appearance. But after a few moments my dad stepped forward and said reassuringly, his voice lowering as he spoke, "I'm gonna kill Klaus the second I get the chance." My stomach dropped fearfully and my nerves re-surfaced, pulling me back into the deep anxieties I had before. He couldn't do that. I shook my head and argued calmly "No, no. You can't, Klaus is an original, stronger than any vampire you've ever hunted. He'll kill you." My dad shook his head with refusal and growled with hunter rage "Not if I kill him first." Elena shook her head from beside me and argued with concern "He's always one step ahead. He'll know your plan to kill him before you even set a foot close to him." I nodded in agreement and stepped towards my dad as I added with confidence, keeping my voice low, "We already have a plan. Klaus will die. I just need to get you out of this, and I will." My confidence behind this was stronger than anything I've ever said before, because this is my dad. The confidence I had with my life being saved wasn't strong, but with my dad, it's unbeatable. It is stronger than Klaus and I won't fail in saving my dad. He's gonna live, if it's the last thing I do. My dad placed his hand comfortingly on my shoulder as he stated with a weak smile "You're not dying for me, sweetheart." I grabbed his arm with determination and answered with undying refusal "And you're not dying for me." My dad sighed and looked down at the ground as he stated sympathetically "I'm not gonna turn into the one thing I've spent my life killing." The weakness behind my dads eyes and behind his words altered my confidence and strength into decreasing. His words hurt deep in me, like a knife in the stomach, but being done from the inside. He couldn't leave me. He's my dad.