The Maiden And The Wolf---Chapter 6-Part 2 (improved)

Chapter 6 Part 2 of the Maiden and the Wolf (Improved)

Please COMMENT, VOTE, AND BECOME A FAN!!!!!!!!! :) 

Enjoy ;)

Dakota woke suddenly; his body shaking and his head reeled. Sitting up he looked down at his wolf body with abomination and he growled at reality his fur bristling.                                                                                                                                               

 It was a few hours before dawn, the night sky just starting to grow lighter, the stars fading and the moon had already fallen back behind the mountain peaks in the distance. The air was humid and the ground damp from an early fog that had drifted down upon the forest from the mountains, the vapour curling lazily around the tree trunks and dew covered the dark green moss underfoot. With the moister came fresh scents every odour rekindled with new life but there were so many that they all blended into one becoming a singular thick muggy earthy smell that clung to everything.                                                                                                                  

 Shaking the dampness from his fur and the stiffness from his limps Dakota lapped at the pool of cool water a few times then went and stood over Elena who was lying on her side obviously awake but not yet ready to face reality and he acknowledge her decision and didn't rouse her instead he padded off into the undergrowth wanting to get away for a few moments.                                                    

 His nose tracked down what he was looking for at once, growing at the base of a tree was a small group of pale green mushrooms that released energy and strength slowly after eating them, perfect when travelling on journey.      

 Eating a few himself also picking a couple to take back to Elena but he made sure he left half of the mushrooms untouched. Carful not to damage the two mushrooms in his jaws he turned and started back towards the clearing and Elena.                                                                                                                                     The sun was rising quickly now, the sky through the canopy growing lighter with every second and the forest was returning to life. Through the mass of loud birdsong the sound of horse's hooves and human male voices could be heard.            

 Stiffening Dakota hid beneath a large holly bush just in time as the two horses came into view through the trees the men on their backs clad in armour and black hooded cloaks. Dakota recoiled as they pounded past his hiding place churning up the earth, letting out his breath he slid out from under the bush making sure not to get his fur tangled in the spikes of the holly leaves.                                   

 He stared after the two men wondering what they were doing here so far from any Lords Castle as they were obviously knights or maybe rangers.      

 War was coming to the kingdom it was the only explanation that he could think of, the humans were pusher deeper in the world of the magic clans and soon they would pay the price for there interference of the spirits.                                                                       

 It was time to start moving again, Dakota returned to the creek and found Elena packing everything back into her bags and heaving them over her shoulder once again, Dakota felt a wave of guilt that he wasn't the one carrying the heavy bags; he was the man after all.