The Maiden And The Wolf---Chapter 7 (improved)

Chapter 7 Part 1 of the Maiden and the Wolf (Improved)

Please COMMENT, VOTE, AND BECOME A FAN!!!!!!!!! :) 

Enjoy ;)

It was midday and the sun was at its highest in the sky but large grey clouds had moved in over the course of the morning and now enveloped the sun entirely from view. Thunder rolled across the heavens and faint flashes of white lightning bristled from deep within the clouds. Rain persisted down, pounding the forest with coin sized droplets, churning up the muddy earth and filling the ditches with dirt water, the small waterfall that trickled into the pool was now a torrent and the pool flooded. The storm had come across the mountains and brought with it the frosty colder air coursing the temperature to drop dramatically and the wind and rain of the storm to have a harsh icy edge. Until now winter had seemed months ago but now it felt like snow could just be around the corner again.                  

 The heavy rain was like a makeshift curtain covering the mouth of the small cave in which they now sat in.                                                                                          

 Dakota was lying behind Elena, his body wrapped around her, his thick warm fur keeping the cold bite of the air at bay.                                                                

 Elena sat, her legs pulled up again her chest, leaning against Dakota's side, her eyes fixed on the Warlock who sat cross-legged opposite them.                            

 "A separate reality," the old man was saying his voice almost drowned out by the storm, "is a very complicated and uncertain thing of life. Everyone experiences them but most don't realize they do. It's hard to explain what a separate reality is..." He stopped and started to cough violently, his shoulder shook and breath appeared as vapour before his eyes.                                                            

"Do you want me you make a small fire to keep you warm?" asked Elena, worried about the frail ancient man's health.                                                                      

"No dear," he wheezed, mustering a stiff smile, "I'll be fine, trust me, I've survived much worse."                                                                                                  

"But your not as strong and fit as you once were," warned Dakota, his massive head lifting from Elena's lap as he spoke, "please continue the best you can."                                                                                                                                      

Elena gazed at Dakota, still amazed and a little troubled about him being able to speak while in his wolf form.                                                                                            

Solamon cleared his throat painfully and continued, folding his hands in his lap and pulling the collar of his robe higher up his neck.                                                   

"Try to imagine a spider web," he said hoarsely, "one centre point say this is you and then all the different paths coming off it all connected by the middle yet all separate and unique. This is what separate reality is like; your life with different lives that are all special and known totally the same yet all are connected to each other through you. Do you understand? These dreams you two have been having arn't dreams at all but another parallel reality which you live without knowing so. Everyone is living them with no awareness of their other lives normally until something causes you to breech the barriers of realities then often when in one you sleep you live the other but only this time the difference is you remember it and acknowledge it."