6- The Truth Comes Out

Hermione decides to bring Ron, but when he gets jelly of Cormac and lavender snogs Ron, she decides not to. She avoids Cedric/Cormac all night and her and Luna spend some time together on the balcony and she tells them some stuff about her and Cedric last year and how she felt terrible and sad and everything. Cedric comes onto the balcony and hears what she said
He apologizes and they talk for a bit
They make up but don't get back together. Hermione tells Ron that Cormac is Cedric.

 Hermione tells Ron that Cormac is Cedric

06

Hermione was arguing with Ron, again. This time, they were in Herbology class: at first it was about The Prince. It was always about The Prince. Didn't Ron remember that his own sister was possessed by the memory of Voldemort, which was stored in a book? It didn't help that Hermione couldn't find anything on this 'Prince.' Who gave themselves such a nickname anyways, and then wrote it down in textbooks?

Now, however, the topic had changed to Slughorn's Christmas party. She was determined to get Harry to go, no matter how upset she was with the boys. She couldn't stand being alone Cedric and his goons of friends. Once Hermione had mentioned that they were allowed to bring guests, Ron seemed particularly upset.

"Well I suppose you'll be bringing McLaggen, won't you? He's more your type," Ron had said.

Hermione's blood began to boil. She wanted to slap Ronald. After all she had done for him, and after what he had done to her, she couldn't believe he had the audacity to speak to her in such a manner. She took a deep breath. "I was going to ask you, actually," she said with deadly calm.

"You- you were?" Ron's face formed into an expression of shock.

"Yes, now grab the bloody snargaluff pod so I can pop it."

Ron grinned to himself and reached his arm into the thrashing spike-covered snargaluff plant and grabbed the pod. The plant tried to eat at his arm, tried to pull him in, but Hermione grabbed the plant and pulled it away. He successfully put the pod into their glass bowl and grinned even larger.

Throughout the rest of the day, Hermione noticed how differently Ron was acting towards her. He seemed kinder than usual, and he wasn't arguing with her. She was grateful, Sure. At least they weren't fighting anymore, but it made it even more difficult to stay upset with him. And she was planning on staying upset with him for a long time.

Hermione was walking towards the Great Hall for dinner when Ginny ran up from behind her.

"Hey, Hermione, do you have a minute?" She Asked as she tried to match Hermione's pace.

"No, sorry, I'm going to the library."

"Really, Hermione? The library's the other way."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I'm stopping at Professor McGonagall's office first."