Chapter 24: Finding Nemo

Chapter 24

SOPHIE'S POV:

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I felt a pair of lips plant a hard kiss on my right cheek. "I don't know what I would've done!" Another kiss, this time on the other cheek. I was standing just inside the doorway of the house, hands completely stuck by my side and I couldn't move a single muscle.

"Jane!" I squealed, taking a deep breath, especially since my breathing right now was being a little restricted, "You did this last night at the police station! I'm fine!" She finally released me from my lung squishing hug and lifted up my arms to check if they weren't harmed. "Jane, I don't think they've changed since last night. Trust me, calm down."

"I know, I know." She bobbed her head around understandingly, "But honestly Sophie, you're like my own daughter. I mean, I raised you. If anything was to happen to you, I think I would've... died. Yup, died. Where's Zayn?

"Well you saw him at the station last night, answering questions too. But he went back to the Robinson's. He said something about calling his parents, I'm not sure." I answered her. I also saw Mitchell at the station last night. I would say he squeezed me like Jane, but since he's a male, he nearly happened to kill me with his hug. But I loved the affection of Jane and Mitchell. Mitchell was at work right now since it was midday.

"Ehem." Someone cleared their throat from beside me. A smile spread across my face when I looked over at Niall to see him swaying awkwardly. We had a simple breakfast together and planned to talk later. Sitting down for a bit was just perfect, and the fact that it was with him was even better.

Jane clapped happily that Niall was beside me. She was more than happy that he was okay and I couldn't tell if she was holding a grudge against him anymore. Strangely, I wasn't holding one against Jane or Niall either. Even Louis and Liam. Call me crazy, but Lerie actually help sort out our situation.

As fast as anyone could possibly have done, Jane jumped onto Niall and tackled him with a huge hug. Instantly, Niall winced. Because of the sudden grown woman pouncing onto him, and probably from the pain in his head that she most likely just caused.

"And Niall!" She squealed, still squeezing the life out of him.

"Jane..." Niall struggled, "head.. hurts.." Janes eyes flashed open and she let go of him with an apologetic look on her face. Niall took a deep breath and rubbed his head.

"Are you two hungry? Do you want anything to eat? I could make you something." Her eyes lit up at the chance to pamper us. It was just a guess, but she might've really missed us and now she jumped, literally, at the chance to do anything.

"Sorry, we already ate." I said while staring at Niall. I took in all his features. How did I not even notice so much before? He was absolutely perfect. Ruffled blonde hair, piercing ocean blue eyes. My eyes wandered down to his arms to see some visible veins running up and down. And he was toned. I caught myself checking him out and quickly glanced back up at Jane. She had a pondering look on her face, as she looked between Niall and I.

"Oh that's too bad." She said slowly, with her eyebrows scrunched inwards, but she changed that quickly to a smile, "Well, welcome home! So I had this idea," she went on, "I found our old finding Nemo movie lying around and since it doesn't seem like you two are up to going out, do you wanna watch it?"

I looked over at Niall again, raising my eyebrows to ask if he wanted to. But instead, I was getting sucked in to check him out... again. So I snapped my head back to Sophie and nodded, "Sounds good to me!"

Niall nodded too and we walked up the stairs and into the upstairs lounge room. I didn't even realise it, but Jane had walked away and back down the stairs. Niall was closing all the blinds so that there was no light and I put in the video. Yes, it is so old that it's a video and not a DVD. It felt like old times, like our tradition. We'd watch Finding Nemo every year, and as we got older, the tradition just happened to disappear.