Chapter 13: Party Time and Awkward Situations... (Part 2)

Chapter 13

 NIALL’S POV:

“Maybe we should just do it.” Sophie whispered to me.

I didn’t see why she was so easily giving in. Harry was drunk; there was no way Zayn would’ve believed him for a second. Then again, he did have a doubtful look across his face. What’s so bad about proving someone wrong?

“Y-yeah…” I hesitated. But if I do this, Sophie might develop the thoughts that I have feelings for her. If we were to do this, I don’t think I could hold back. I’d waited eight years for this moment, and even though I didn’t imagine it happening like this, it was still placed right in front of me. Almost like a platter.

“What are you waiting for? Just kiss already!” Harry yelled. I left myself a mental note to kick his ass right before we leave.

Sophie looked up at me with those hazel eyes. I always got lost in the eyes every day. I couldn’t help but lean in toward her as she did the same. At the corner of my eye, I could see a frown spread across Zayn’s face. I subtly shook my head and closed my eyes.

I placed my arms around Sophie’s waist as she hesitantly did the same. My heart was racing and racing – it could’ve flown straight out of my chest and sped to Mexico by now. This was it. The moment I had been waiting for, for such a long time.

I felt Sophie’s soft lips lightly touch mine for a second. That was enough to leave me wanting more. She pressed her gentle lips against mine and I did the same – just a simple kiss to prove to drunken Harry that we were a couple.

For a second she faltered, about to break apart and so was I. This kiss ended so soon. I just wanted to keep her perfect lips on mine for as long as I could. Unexpectedly, instead of releasing and placing her hands back to her sides, she lifted her hands to either of my cheeks and kissed me again. What.

I held her waist once more and kissed her before realising what we were doing. I couldn’t let this happen. Not while I was her bodyguard and not while I was lying to her. I opened my eyes and let go of her waist. Once I did, she got the message and we both broke apart.

Back to reality.

The music returned pounding through my ears and the voices filled the room. I looked down at her. There was no way in hell I could tell what was going through her mind. I might be dreaming, but that kiss meant something. I’ve kissed girls before, and none of them felt the way this kiss did.

Sophie had the smallest gap between her lips. She almost looked shocked, yet satisfied. Hell, I was satisfied. But in an instance, the sides of her mouth curved upwards as she turned to face Harry and Zayn.

“See!” she said, “We are a couple.”

Sophie was the kindest girl I’ve ever met. But damn, I could never read her mind. Sometimes she could get on my nerves like that. She wasn’t the best when it came to expressing her emotions. Though I guess I was the same.

Out of nowhere, I felt a strong hand pull my shoulder back and spin me around. Before me was an infuriated Louis. Liam was beside him, bewildered. If it wasn’t so dark in here, I would’ve been able to see steam coming out of his ears. He took a few large breaths calming himself down before tilting his head to the side and gesturing for me to follow him.

I turned my head back at Sophie who was confused. She probably didn’t understand why it was so bad for me to kiss her. She might’ve thought that I let Louis down. That I was supposed to be her best friend and look out for her. She maybe believed that Louis trusted me as a friend and I had broken that trust. But the situation was completely different. I wish she knew more than that.