Chapter 21: "Do you have feelings for me, Niall?"

Dedicated to the amazing @emily_onedirection ! I beg of you to go check out her fanfic Everything About You ! She's one of my closest friends :)

Chapter 21

LERIE'S (ANON) POV:

I watched Sophie as she sat in the chair and softly sobbed to herself. I rolled my eyes. The look on her face was beginning to sicken me. She was right though. Someone could be looking for her right this instant. I didn't know this place. She did.

"You're boring me. I'm going to go somewhere." I spoke up. She lifted her head and looked straight into my eyes, then lowered them again. I shrugged and picked up my wooden plank and made my way out the door which led outside. It was near the smashed window.

Once I stepped outside I looked at the sky and saw a darkish blue. I'd have to do something to Sophie quick. I just couldn't bring myself to it just yet, and I didn't know why. As I walked around the building, I decided to make my way down the pathway. I had no idea where it would take me, but I saw huge patches of grass up ahead.

As I got closer, I saw someone waking on the fields. A boy to be exact. Even though he was still very small in my sight and had his back facing me, I scanned him. Blonde hair. That was enough similarities between him and... Niall, was it? Well, it's what Rick described him to be. That had to do. It had to be him.

He was walking in the opposite direction, clearly oblivious to the fact that I was catching up and almost behind him. Why was he here alone? I guess he was the only one who cared about Sophie. No surprise. I was within hand reach to him when I slowly lifted my feet to make the softest sound against the grass. He was such an idiot. Every now and then, buddy, you make sure to turn around.

A grin spread across my face as I lifted the wooden plank, and watched as it flew down and hit the top of his head. Immediately, he collapsed onto the ground, unconscious. Just the way I wanted him to be. I couldn't have him find Sophie, no, no, no. I took hold of his ugly white polo shirt and was disgusted when a saw little droplets of blood sprinkle onto it. I shook my head and began dragging him towards that burnt place. Luckily it wasn't too far away.

My chest was rising and I caught my breath when I had finally reached the house Sophie was in. I wonder how she'd handle this. I couldn't wait to find out either. My free hand opened the door and I made my way in, just behind Sophie's back.

"Miss me?" I smiled, pleased with myself.

"So much, it was painful." She sarcastically replied. Watch it Sophie, I don't like when people are rude to me.

"Well I brought you a present." I rushed my words as I kept dragging him behind, until he was sitting, slumped against Sophie's back. She jumped at the unusually warm object hitting her and tried to crane her neck to see what is was. As soon as she did, she inhaled the sharpest breath.

"Niall!" She shrieked. She shifted around in her attempt to even touch him, but she could only feel the top of his damp head. I didn't hit him that hard, so he'd be fine. "What the hell did you do?!" Her eyes were just about to pop out of her head as she twisted her neck to see me. I let out a hard laugh.

Ignoring her, I walked over to the corner which Sophie couldn't see and pulled out another chair. Luckily, I brought this extra one. Rolling my eyes again, because I had to pull this huge guy across the ground, I lifted his sluggish body and sat him on the chair. I didn't know when he was going to wake up, and honestly, I didn't care. Then I walked over to my table, grabbed some spare rope and tied Niall up so that he was back to back with Sophie.

"There," I puffed, "Now you have company." I smiled and walked around to the table, so I pushed off my hands and jumped up to sit on the edge. My feet dangled as I kicked them slowly. Niall was still unconscious and Sophie was forcing down tears and shaking her head. Saying that I was satisfied was an understatement.