Busted Up

Gets a bit heated at the end [ s h r u g ]
This chapter is written in the future after the events of the strike with consideration that Davey is being written as an 18 year old and Jack as a 19 year old! (I like to think Davey kept working as a News Boy on the weekends just to see Jack 👀)
***

Davey silently made his way along the streets of New York, aiming towards his house, which was several blocks away.
It'd been a rough day of selling which meant he was left alone to the dead of night to complete his sales. Les had gone home several hours earlier when Davey had sent him back with Jack.
His face grew warm and a gentle smile graced his features as he thought about the other.
It still took him by surprise sometimes when he realized that that boy was his and Davey was Jack's in turn.
This thought specifically turned his smile into a grin, adding a swing in his arms and a kick to his step. Maybe...if he was lucky, Jack would have waited for him at his house- it was a fat chance with a capital F, but nothing was going to stop Davey from hoping.

They could spend the night on the rooftop or the fire escape, just sharing jokes and laughs and...perhaps stealing a few kisses here and there. Who knew.

Davey shook his head and had to remind himself that it had been much a time since Jack would have dropped Les off and it would be unreasonable for him to think the other stayed that long.
The curly haired brunette could now see his home in the distance, the lights still on despite how late it was. His folks were staying up for him, just as he'd hoped they would. He looked forward to at least greeting them, if not Jack, and anyhow, he could pester Les about what Jack said on their walk home tonight. Les was always able to inform him, or more so complain, about how Jack would never shut up about Davey. Which made Davey fall even harder for the other boy, seeing as how he typically didn't voice his affections towards Davey very often or in public...but when he did...Davey hung on to every word.

The walking boy became so enveloped in his thoughts he didn't notice the shadowy figure leaning against the lamppost ahead of him into he ran right into it, sending him stumbling a few feet back, "S-Sorry-" he murmured out before recognizing the silhouette.

A Delancy.

Davey's mouth went dry as the other began to slowly approach him.

"I-I don't want any trouble." Davey fretted.

"Too bad, because I do." The stocky boy across from him growled, cracking his knuckles menacingly, though only a few popped.

"P-Please." Davey squeaked as he ran into the railing of a staircase that led up to a house a few down from his.

"I was hoping to find ya' around here...I wasn't too happy with our last fight." He seethed.

Davey recalled their last run in. It hadn't gone well for he or any of his family...Jack had been there to refuse him then- and a good thing too, Davey has no idea how to swing a punch.
He still didn't.

Oscar smirked before diving forward and tackling Davey to the ground.

Davey yelped in surprise but used his back feet to kick Oscar over his head before he scrambled to his feet, running for his house.
He panted as he scrambled up the fire escape, hearing the snarls of Oscar, who quickly pursued him. He had almost made it to his floor when the boy behind him grabbed him by the ankle and yanked him down, causing Davey's chin and elbows to slam onto the rough metal and bloody them up.

Oscar then threw Davey onto his back so they met eye to eye, "I want you to remember this next time you pick or me or my brodda, got it?"

Pinned, all Davey could do was glare, slightly with fear.