I don't need this

Based on events that take place during the movie.

***

"Slow down!" Jack wheezed as he struggled to keep up with Davey, who was out-running him several feet away. His prayer for the running to stop seemed to be answered all too quick as Davey came to a halt, making Jack nearly run into him, "Jesus, Dave! Watch it, would ya-?" He was interrupted as Davey grabbed the brunette by the wrist and tugged him around the corner of the brick building they had just paused by, slinking under a small over-pass before Jack yanked his hand away, "The heck do you think you're doin'!?" He hollered pushing Davey against one of the alley walls with a flat hand.

"Saving your flank, that's what." Davey scoffed, brushing Jack's hand away.

"I-" Jack pinches the bridge of his nose. Why did this boy have to be so complicated? He never gave Jack a moments peace, wether it were when they were together, or when David's image vividly swayed in the back of Jack's mind. This boy had really gotten under his skin- that or he was overthinking it- regardless, "You could's'a gotten us both in trouble! Then what?"

Davey scoffed, "I had a plan!"

"And what happens whens they finds out its you who helped me escape?" Jack glared. How could Davey be so dim-witted and brilliant at the same time? "Looks, I'm thankful for what you've done for me but I think you should go."

"Go?" Davey furrowed his brow, "I think what you mean is we should go! We've got a strike to-"

"You could have been arrested tonight, you still could be!" Jack threw his hands up in the air.

"Let 'em arrest me then!" Davey fought back with a glare.

Jack lifted his eyebrows, "And what about your family? Where's they goin'a get their money, huh?"

Davey grew quiet.

"You didn't think about it!" Jack hissed through glaring eyes.

"What, and you do an awful lot of thinkin'?" Davey took a step forward, causing Jack to take a step back, "My words fall out of your mouth, Jack Kelly! We've each got half a brain!" He continued to advance as Jack backed up.

"I-I'm frettin' for your family, need I remind you!" Jack swallowed nervously as Davey was getting dangerously close.

"And what about you? What'd'ya think? That somehow you not wanting anyone in your life suddenly makes it so nobody wants you in their life either?" Davey pressed a finger to Jack's chest, slowly pushing him back up against the adjacent alley wall.

"Oh please, everyone would manage swell without me." Jack rolled his eyes.

"You- are just so- selfish sometimes!" Davey grabbed the front of Jack's shirt.

"O-Oh yeah, and what makes you say so?" Jack was finding it uncharacteristically difficult to find his wits.

"You're not fooling any of us, Jack, you care about us as if we's was family. And you think isolating yourself is the best thing to do? You're wrong." Davey still kept a firm grip on the front of Jack's shirt.

Jack found this even more distracting from the conversation at hand, feeling his collar fight around the back of his neck and his vest pulled forward with his shirt, eyes unable to beak contact with Davey's with the mere two inches of close proximity, "H-How do you know? Nobody needs me, they just thinks they do. Even Pulitzer. The woild's goin'a keep on toinin whether I'm here or a million miles away."

"Why do you think I came and got you in the first place?" Davey looked down.

"The strike needs to-"