Chapter 5 - Waterfalls

"HOW DID YOU MISS THAT GOAL!" Coach shouted at Tom. Tom got up off the floor, and was speed walking over to Max. "This is all your fault." He said. "I'm gonna fucking kill you." He screamed for everyone to hear. Oh my god, whats going on? Coach ran onto the pitch. "Stop this now!" He said. "I could of got that goal if it wasn't for this little shit." Tom said poking Max. "I've just about had enough of you!" Max said, pushing Toms shoulder. "I don't know who you think you are man. Coming in here, taking my territory and my girl!" Tom screamed. Wait, Toms girl? I never knew Tom had a girlfriend. "I haven't touched your girl! Who is she?" Max asked.

"That's it. You two, off the pitch now." Coach shouted. I looked at Max and Tom, jesus what's wrong with them? "You are telling me you haven't been with Lilly?" Tom said. "Lilly? She said you two were over. And no, we aren't together and have not gotten together. We are just friends." Max said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Not for long. I was gone for a while, but im back now. And I'm gonna do all it takes to get her back, and the coaches respect.

Ok Lilly. This is your chance! Tom and Max are together. I ran over to Max and Tom. "Hey!" I said to Max, kissing his cheek. Max smiled and put his arm around me. I looked at Tom. "Nothing happened eh?" He said to Max. This comment I did not understand. "We're friends, I told you that."

"Max, wanna go somewhere?" I said to him. "Sure." He said. I took his hand and lead him away from Tom. You may think im a reAl bitch, but im not. If you only knew what Tom did to me. I lead Max to a waterfall, not far from the pitch. The waterfall was very small. And technically it wasn't a real water fall. But I used to imagine it was. "It's nice here." He said.

"Where Pendlebrook, or here here? Like this spot here." I questioned.

"You ask a lot of questions don't you? So I have one for you." He said, as we both sat on a large rock. I nodded and gave him the go ahead for this 'question'.

"What you and Toms deal? What happened between you two?" He asked. Normally when people ask me this, they get a 'Its complicated' or 'we fell out of love', but for once, I am going to tell the truth. "Tom and I, well we were a couple. We met, and I liked him a lot. He was Mr cool guy, and I was just the coaches neice. But then, we flirted, which leads to dates, which lead to relationships, which lead to sex. I don't know what happened! We were doing so well, really we were. Then he found this friend. He has now left the team, but man was he a dick. He got Tom on drugs. Tom was so nice before, but everything changed. His looks, personality, the way he was with me. He went out a lot, got high with the lads, and I wasn't happy. So I left him, and he went to rehab. Now he's back. I don't know Max, I am confused about it all..." I said, looking at him for comfort. He put his arm around me and pulled me in close. "It's ok. I won't let him hurt you again."