Chapter 4 - Schemes

"I don't know Mel. It's all so messed up. I mean you know what happened with me and Tom. There is a part of me that wants to go running back to him, tell him I love him and that I never wanted to leave. What would that solve? Abousoutle nothing." I said, picking up my cheese pizza slice from the cantine.

"Maybe you should try things with Max. He seems nice." She said, going for the healthier option of a ham sandwich. "I don't know. I mean he's nice but not my usual type." I said. She stopped looked at me and smiled. "Omg! I have the bloody best idea ever! Make Tom jealous!" She said, clapping her hands. At first, I thought this plan was completely idiotic. But it's actually not a bad idea. "Not bad Mel. Hiw should I do it?" This question made her stop and think. "You have got to kiss Max!" She said. Wait, kiss Max? I don't know. "In fount of Tom?" I questioned. She nodded her head and with that, we made our plan. Wow, Mel had a very good brain.

That night, Mel came over to mine. "Are you sure you can't come? The football starts at 6!" I pleaded with her. She shook her head "I promised my mum i'd be home for tea. Sorry." She said, pouting. She dressed me like a barbie doll. She picked plaLe blue skinny jeans and a cropped shirt with a knitted cardigan. We rolled the jeans and put on my white converse. She brushed out ny hair and tied it in a high pony tail. Mel did my makeup well, applying mascara, foundation, blush and lip balm. "Time to go cinderella!" Mel said laughing.

We said our goodbyes and I got to the football. I was late, and it had already started. "Hey uncle Jake!" I said to him. He smiled, but seemed more interested in the game. Oh god, the was gonna be a long night.