Chapter 3 - Jealously?

"Lilly hunny, uncle Jakes called. He said that Pendlebrook have a 'warm up game' tonight, and was wondering if you wanted to go. What should I say?" My mum shouted uo the stairs to me. I froze and thought for a moment, its only 6pm. Football or Physics revision? "Tell him I'll be there in 10." I shouted back. I looked down at my clothes. Skinny jeans and a baggy shirt will have to do. I never keep on my school uniform when I get home. I hate the awful green colour. All day I had been telling my friend Emily of my dad's awful jokes and how Toms back. I brushed out ny long golden brown hair, applied a bit of mascara and left. I listened to Arianna Grande's new album on the way. I got there to find my uncle screaming at Zac. Zac saw me and smiled, which made my uncle turn and wave. It was quite funny how he went from waving, then back to screaming at Zac. Me and Zac had been together a few times. He's a nice guy. Most of these football guys are dicks, there is only 3 that I actually like. Zac, Matt and the new guy, Max. Matt and Zac are good guys, and they are both good fun. Tom was talking to the other guys, in their big group. He saw me and nodded, he looked like he expected me to go over to him. I turned and saw Max sitting on his own, tying his shoe. I smiled and walked over to him. "Hey stranger" is said, sitting down next to him. I looked over at Tom, who looked pissed off. It felt good, knowing how much be cared. I want to break his heart right back. "Hey beautiful" He replied. "Now, now Max. You may be making me blush!" I said, he replied with a smile, looking back at Tom, he must of noticed him staring. "Whats his problem?" Max asked, looking at Tom. I looked down, "Who Tom? He has no problem. Why do you think he has at problem?" I asked. Max smiled, and slightly laughed. "Wow, he's got you crushing bad. I don't know what his problem is. I went to change and he pushed my out of the way and keeps giving me the evils. He doesn't like me and I've done nothing wrong." He said, stopping and looking at me.

"I'm not crushing on anyone. It's just me and Tom... Tom and I, well we have history." I was saying, when a hand pulled me up. "What are you doing Lilly." Tom said still holding my wrist. "Get off Tom" I said, getting out of his grip. Max stood up next to me. "Look, I won't have no girl of mine with a guy like him." Tom said. "Come on Lilly, let's go." He continued, grabbing my wrist. I once again got out if his grip. "No. And im not you girl." I said, frowning at him. He looked shocked. "Man, I think you should go." Max said to Tom. I turned, shocked and smiled at Max. Nobody has ever stood up for me around Tom before. "What did you just say to me?" Tom said. I got in frount of Tom, looked at him in the eye and calmly said "No Tom. No."

He looked at me and nodded. "Fine Lilly. Whatever you want." With that he walked off, shaking his head. I felt like running after Tom. Telling him I was sorry. But that was the old me, I'm not his bitch anymore.

I turned to Max. "Thank you." I said, smiling. This is the new me. "Your welcome." He said.