chapter 6: jobless

It was only 1 pm, and I felt really bored

It was only 1 pm, and I felt really bored. usually I'd just watch Netflix or something, but I didn't feel like watching anything.

I sat on my bed and stared around. I never noticed how boring my life was until I started thinking about.

My train of thought was endless. I shook my head and went on my computer to check my email because I only check it when I'm bored.

When I open my email, the first thing I saw was an email from Fieldman's Clinical Psychology Office. Fieldman's is where I work. It's a small clinic. Not many people go there, but it was the only place I could find.

Mindlessly, I clicked on it. I felt my heartbeat speedup as I started reading the email, and my heart drop as soon as I read the lines:

'We regret to inform you that we have not been as successful as before, and we had to make the difficult decision of removing you from our team. You will receive your salary for the next three weeks.'

"Fuck," I mumble. I shut my laptop and put my hands on my forehead.

"Life is just tumbling down on me," I say out loud as I fall back on my bed.

"Tell me about it," Jackson said, he was leaning against the doorframe of my bedroom.

I hadn't noticed him there. I quickly sat up, "how long have you been there, Jackson?"

"Just got here," he said. He seemed so much more- friendly than before.

"Oh... ok," I say.

He walks over to my bed and sits next to me, "so tell me, how's your life 'tumbling down.'"

"You don't wanna know," I sigh.

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't wanna know," he says with a small smile.

I guess I need someone to vent to, and how can I say no to his face.

His hot face.

"Fine, but it's a shit ton," I say as I look down and sigh.

"Look up, sweetheart," Jackson says as he takes his finger and lifts my chin, "and keep that language in check."

As my eyes meet his, I feel my cheeks start to turn red. I know I've mentioned this before, but I just need to say it again: this man has hella gorgeous eyes - and face.

"Well, go on, Scarlet," he says. Why is his voice so deep and hot?

"Right, uh..." I told him about losing my job and, as he already knew, my house.

"Wow," Jackson says, "That's a lot for twenty-four hours."

"It sure is," I sigh. I guess it feels a little better now that I've talked about it.

"I can solve your job problem," Jackson says.

"What do you mean?" I ask, intrigued.

Jackson smiles, "I'm in need of a PA, and you seem tolerable."

"Thanks- wait, tolerable?!" I rage.

"For someone so short, you have a lot of rage," he chuckles, "I was joking by the way. What do you say about the offer?"

"I mean, sure. I really need it," I say, "but don't you need to interview me?"

"Yeah, but I don't feel like it. Plus I'll be spending a lot of time with you and I guess that'll be your 'interview,'" Jackson says.

Even after I've treated him poorly, he's giving me a job.

"Thanks," I say as I look into his eyes.

"No problem," he smiles.

Jackson has a nice smile, but he doesn't use it very often. His dimples were pretty cute too. I can't help but smile back at his smile.

He cups my face and brings his face near mine. Holy shit, he's about to kiss me!

OH MY GOD— how the fuck do I kiss?

As soon as our lips touched, I felt my body tingle with goosebumps. I let him lead the kiss since I had never kissed anyone before.

I was caught up in the moment. Just like a romance movie on Netflix the kiss was magical. Maybe because it was my first.

Jackson runs his lips across my lips before pulling away.

"I'm sorry," he says as he shakes his head, "you don't want to be with me."

But... I do. For some strange reason I do.

"Who said I didn't?" I ask.

"I'm saying it," he says with some sadness, "I like my relationships in a very particular way."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever heard of BDSM?" he asks.
_______________

to be continued

2/3/2020