☾ Connected ☾

It had been a few days since Tatiana met Alaric and Damon, the girl not seeing the two since then. She had decided to go around town by herself, for the time being that is. She's sure she'll call Alaric at some point to show her around.

The tribrid couldn't recall the last time she was alone, given the fact that when Tamara passed away, somehow Katherine figured out and flew to Canada to be there for her. Katherine joined the tribrid on her trip to Russia, where Tamara had been buried. Tatiana decided to take Katherine on a short tour, showing her the most important places of her birth home, or what used to be, explaining in detail how it all was before. 

The vampire could feel the underlying pain in the Romanov's tone every time she mentioned a past family member. After the tour, the Romanov took her to an ancient vault, where all her and her family's riches were. They were told that people tried to break in after the fall of the Romanov family, some even tried to demolish it, but no one could. And it was all because of Tamara and her coven. They had put a protection spell over it, only allowing a true Romanov's entrance to the vault. She compelled a group of men to transport all her possessions to her vault in France. Once she made sure everything was stacked away, she told them to contact her when it was done.

The two didn't stay for long in Russia, Katherine took her to Norway to see the Northern Lights.

"They say the spirits of our ancestors live in the Northern Lights, guiding us in our moment of need. Maybe Tamara joined them." Katherine stared at the Original, knowing she didn't want to talk, but still knowing she was listening. Although she doubted it, she was thankful for Katherine trying.

She watched the Northern Lights with a ghost of a smile on her face, making Katherine breathe out in relief. The mixture of blue, purple, and green illuminating the dark sky, creating a swirl of colors that imitated a work of art. It was priceless, and they had the privilege of witnessing it.

"Thank you for this, Katerina. I'm eternally grateful." Katherine only nodded, wrapping an arm around the older girl. 

"You're my best friend, Niko. I'll always find a way to be there for you." And the tribrid shut her eyes, squeezing them tightly to stop the tears from falling. No. No more tears. You've cried enough. You promised Tamara. Get it together. The pain in her chest kept growing and she only wanted to scream. Her mind was racing and her heart was about to beat out of her chest.

"Niko." 

Her eyes snapped open and she turned to her side, facing Katherine. But it was like she was looking through her. The memories of her loved ones dying flashed before her eyes on a constant loop. She saw her mother dying of old age as Tatiana held her hand, going into her head to give her one last peaceful memory before she went.

"Compel away the pain, sweat pea."

She saw her father get stabbed in a war in their village, her father begging her to take away the pain.

"Take away the pain, poppet. Please."  His breath was shaky as his hand pressed against his bleeding wound, her hand pushing against his as she shook her head. His request had sent her heartbeat into overdrive.

"Father, please!" She knew what he meant, she couldn't bring herself to do it. He was asking her to do one of the most painful things ever, she couldn't believe he'd actually ask this of her.

"Please, Tatiana. End it, please. It hurts." His voice turned into a whisper, his bloodied hand coming up to wipe the tears that spilled onto her cheeks. 

"Papa, don't make me do this." She pleaded as she pressed against his wound, blood seeping through her fingers. "I don't want to hurt you more than you already are."