XXXII

Anakin's POV

I trained all day yesterday but had to stop for a bit in the middle of the day to train Ahsoka, she was stoked that I could possibly get the rank of Master and she had full confidence that I'll beat my opponent. The other 20 Jedi Knights were in the training room as well and some of them were examining the others fighting styles and some were just messing around and working through the different lightsaber forms. 

It was getting pretty late into the night and I was training with Ahsoka again, I was holding back so she could practice her lightsaber forms but it was also good training for me since when we trained I went on the defensive so she could practice her offensive. 

The training room was completely empty when we finally finished training, it was 11:00 PM and if Obi-wan was here he'd be grilling me out for staying up late when I have the competition tomorrow. I said goodnight to Ahsoka and she said she'd be watching along with all the Padawans and Younglings as well as other Jedi Knights who weren't chosen to be apart of the competition. 

It took ages for me to fall asleep and my nerves were getting the better of me but eventually, I managed to fall asleep praying that I wouldn't make a fool of myself tomorrow.

The next day we walked to the stadium place where we were fighting and the other Jedi Knights were just as nervous as I was. We were in a room next to the stadium and Jedi Knights, Younglings and Padawans began filling the stadium and my heart began beating faster. They even had a commentator which I thought was a bit extra, the door opened and Mace Windu walked in.

"Okay so you'll stay in this room and we'll call out the pairs as we go, remember no force pushing or pulling and try to avoid cutting off any limbs," Windu explained, "The Jedi Council will be watching every move closely so don't try anything against the rules,"

We all nodded and Windu left the room, the commentator began speaking to the crowd and welcomed them all and explained why we were doing this and the rules we had to follow during the fight. 

"First up is Oppo Rancisis, 35 years old and was trained by the battlemaster himself, we should be expecting some crazy lightsaber moves from him!" the commentator announced.

Oppo Rancisis left the room and the cheers were deafening as he walked out, the rest of us waited anxiously to see who would be versing him. After the applause had died down the commentator cleared her throat again.

"And he will be versing Adi Gallia who is 33 years old and is known for her amazing form V lightsaber combat. Trained by Master Aayla Secura who is sitting over there, this should be a well-matched fight," the commentator enthusiastically said.

The female Jedi Knight left the room and when the door opened as she left the people in the stands were practically screaming. Adi Gallia was a well-known Jedi Knight amongst the Younglings and Padawans because she took the meditating lessons and everyone loved her.

The first fight when on for ages until finally, Adi Gallia had taken Oppo Rancisis' lightsaber and the crowd went crazy. 

Slowly people moved out in pairs and the crowd was still screaming every time a name was announced. The winners came back into the room and I couldn't remember who had fought already and who was left. 

"And finally, the last pair is up. We have Zett Jukassa, 41-years old making him our oldest competitor of tonight. Trained by Sifo-Dyas who was one of the best Jedi until he sadly passed away a few years ago," the commentator exclaimed.

 I internally groaned, if this was the last fight then I had to be the one to fight him. He had a dual-ended lightsaber and I haven't had much experience fighting people with that type of lightsaber, I know that Obi-wan has definitely had experience with that since he's fought Darth Maul more times than I've fought Count Dooku.