Chapter 12- Rebellion

“Harder!” Max shouts. 

I beat into the bag with my left fist and then double back with my right. My knuckles are red and sore from punching the punching bag that Max so kindly set up for me.
Eric went to go as he said “annoy Four to know end,” while he was training the new initiates, leaving me and Max to do some pre-training training.
“Attack the bag Aria, the bag is your enemy, punch it!” He yells. I don’t know how he could do this, yelling so much. "The enemy is your fears. You need to attack your fears, show them that you own them, they don't own you"
I hit the bag so hard my knuckles crunch and I step back holding my hand.
“Ah, stop, I have to stop,” I quickly walk away from him and the bag. I take a seat in a plastic chair a couple steps away from the door. A water bottle was given to me before we even started so now I chug the whole bottle and lean my head against the wall.
Max takes a seat next to me and puts his head in his hands.
“Eric won’t go so easy on you,” He grumbles.
“I understand that,” I sigh.
He looks at me with dark eyes. His hands trail over mine and he leans closer. “Do not underestimate yourself.”
He stands up and proceeds to leave me sitting alone in a training room.
I sit there staring at the punching bag. I had been in here since three in the morning, training with weights and simple fighting maneuvers.
I tripped up a couple times and was beat to the ground, but I got back up and every time I got harder, meaner, faster. Soon, I was going head to head with Max for almost forty minutes.
A knock at the door startles me and I jerk myself up from the seat. Ash smiles at me with his hands in his pockets.
“You ready to talk?” was all he said before walking in and shutting the door behind us.
“Ash…” I try but he cuts me off.
“You promised.”
“I know I promised, but this is ridiculous.”
He rolls his eyes. “As ridiculous as an Erudite training as Dauntless?”
I couldn’t fight with that, he had a point.
“Fine,” I grumble and sit in the chair. He comes and sits in front of me with his arms crossed. A tattoo of the Dauntless seal, the size of a softball, was tattooed to his left shoulder and flexed in and out with his breathing.
I told him. When I say I told him, I mean I told him everything. I spoke of the war and of the training I would undergo.
At the end Ash looked positively ill. He couldn’t look at me for more than two seconds before he would stare at the ground.
“I…” he whispers. “I know about the war.”
I look at him with narrow eyes.
“You couldn’t,” I shake my head hard. He couldn’t, it was impossible.
“But I do,” he says again. His big, dark eyes search my face for a moment before he lets out a loud sigh. “I know because there was an informant here warning about it.”
I hold my breath. If the rumors are floating around Dauntless then no doubt there are rumors in Abnegation. There was no way Jeanine could not know this.
“Listen,” Ash says resting his hand on mine. “I need to show you something.”
“Not now,” I say looking at the clock. “Eric will be back.”
“I know not now,” Ash says calmly.
“You need to know some things, some things that could possibly save us.”
I gaze at him. His lips tug down and his eyebrows become knitted tightly together.
“What things?” I whisper.
He looks around before regaining eye contact.
“The rebellion…inside the war.”