Chapter 17

I took a deep breath putting the mask over my face. My head was spinning with a million thoughts. Where was Grayson? Ethan? Amanda screwed all of us over. She's the reason we're in this situation right now. She sold us out to Brady, she had been in contact with him this whole time. 

I tried to open my eyes but they burned. My ears were ringing causing me to grab them as I fell onto the ground. I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me towards the ground. I hit my head on the ground causing even more pain to my head. 

I opened my eyes to come face to face with Amanda. I scowled before hitting her as hard as I could before proceeding to beat her ass. "Blue stop. Let me help you." She gurgled out before spitting blood onto the carpet.

"Help?!" I yelled coughing feeling a bullet wiz over my head, "you did this!" I went to punch her nose, this time wanting to break it. She grabbed my wrist twisting it hard causing me to yell. "Let me help you." She repeated. 

I looked back at my once best friend and nodded as she helped me to my feet pointing towards the door. "Grayson and Ethan are out there waiting for you. Take these. Leave and do not turn back for me. For anyone. I'll lead them away from you I promise." She said handing me three plastic bags. 

She pulled me through a few doorways halting to a stop. "See you on the other side?" She asked as a tear rolled down her face. "The other side," I responded going to give her a hug a pop sounded through the air. 

And all in slow motion Amanda started to fall to the ground. She was shot. "No," I said as tears started to well in my eyes, "Amanda you need to stay with me please," I said as I caught her in my arms. She crumbled to the ground as I felt something wet on my hands. 

I pulled them away seeing blood pooled in them. "Please Amanda. C'mon forever?" I asked as she sent me a light smile. "You need to go. Please." She said as I started to weep. "I can't just leave." I squeaked out trying my best not to sob. 

"Grayson's waiting for you. He needs you." Amanda said as I heard steps get closer. "I'm sorry," I said pulling her into one last hug as she pulled me closer. I got up taking one last look at my best friend who was now lying in a pool of her own blood. 

"No, no, no." I said collapsing to my knees, "Amanda it's gonna be fine. You are gonna be fine. Please stay with me." I tried my best to pick her up but she was dead weight. Her body was lifeless but she was still there. It was like she was paralyzed. 

"Please go, Blue they need you," Amanda said grabbing my wrist with her hand that was covered in blood. "I can't," I said as more tears rolled down my face. "Go, I love you. I'll see you on the other side. Please." She said pushing me away. 

I made one last look at my best friend who was still laying in what seemed like way too much blood before running. I didn't turn around when I heard my name, I ran as fast as my feet carried me until I ran into a brute force knocking me on my back. The wind escaping my lungs. 

I reached for my gun sitting up getting ready to shoot but saw Grayson standing in front of me. I put my gun down running into his arms. "I thought I lost you," Grayson said hugging me tightly. "I'm here," I said but it was muffled into his chest. 

"Where's Amanda?" He asked pulling me behind him searching the woods for the once friend. "She's dead, Gray," I said as tears started to roll down my face once again. "She deserved it, she almost got us all killed why are you crying?" Grayson asked, anger filling his voice.

"She was my best friend, she took the bullet for me. Doesn't matter if she betrayed me she was still my best friend." I said as I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It was the pain of losing a loved one, I knew the pain all too well. 

I grabbed my chest as I felt my knees weaken and my vision become blurry. The world around me started to fade from my vision. And the air became thicker, I grabbed onto Grayson as I struggled to say that I couldn't breathe. 

He knew how to help me through this pain, he grabbed both sides of my head shaking me slightly causing me to look at him. "Look at me." He said in a calm voice. My eyes focused on his face causing my tensed body to relax slightly. 

"There we go you're doing great. Now follow me and take deep breaths with me. Follow me." Grayson said as he started to take a deep inhale as I followed him. But mine was shakey and ultimately interrupted by my sobs. 

"Blue you're gonna have to look at me," Grayson said holding my hands this time. "You got this babe." I followed him again following his breathing pattern. Again it was extremely shakey but I started to get a hang out of it within a few tries. 

Once I was calmed down Grayson helped me to my feet as I brushed the dirt and leaves off of myself. "We need to get out of here before they find us again," Grayson said as I nodded my head. "Where are we going?" I asked. 

"Far away from here," Grayson said winking.