Chapter 10

"Grayson?" I asked as we both stopped. Grayson quickly grabbing my arm harshly and pulling me into a Riser Room. "Let go of me." I said yanking my arm away as I glared at him. "What the hell are you doing here?" Grayson asked looking down at me. 

Grayson's appearance had changed more than I ever imagined. He had grown at least half a foot and was way more muscular then Ethan. Tattoos completely covered his arms and some up his neck. When I didn't think he could get any more attractive. His eyes were darker then they used to be. No life. 

"I work here," I said motioning down at my scrubs, "what the hell are you doing here? I know damn well you don't work here." Grayson sighed, "Ethan got a job here." "I know Grayson," I said as his head snapped up. "You know?" He asked. 

"Yes Grayson I know. I know everything. I know things I shouldn't even know." I said becoming frustrated with the situation I was stuck in. "Everything?" Grayson asked as my eyes widened. "What part of everything do you not understand? Now I'm in the middle of something I never wanted to be involved with Grayson. I didn't ask to be on the damn list so take me off." I said getting closer to him. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Grayson said as I raised my eyebrows. "Do what?" I asked getting closer. "So I'm not allowed to touch you?" I asked as Grayson started to speak I cut him off. "Like this?" I asked pressing my finger against his chest. 

"And let me guess, I shouldn't be talking to the leader of a gang either?" I asked looking back up at him. He was practically speechless, "and after all these years. I still leave you speechless? Pathetic." I spat scoffing. I was so angry I couldn't describe. 

"Years, for years. I tried to contact your family. You. Your mom. Your dad. Ethan. Hell even Cameron." I said as he looked at me his expression softening a little. "And years later when I finally start to move on. I'm held at gunpoint. Then practically stalked by your brother. Who let me tell you. Told me everything Grayson." I said as I started again. 

But, I was cut off by his hands at both sides of my face. I was now the one to be speechless, my heart was pounding against my rib cage. And anyone within a mile distance could definitely hear me. "Blue," Grayson started, "stop talking." I took a gulp as I pulled away from him. 

I can't do this. He's a criminal, this isn't the Grayson I fell in love with. "I can't do this." I said pressing my back against the wall. "Do what?" Grayson asked. "Why are you still here? Talking to me right now?" I asked as Grayson licked his lips. 

"There's something going on with The List. Someone created rewards list for everyone on it. You're worth a lot of money right now." Grayson said as my vision became blurry. "That's why Ethan is here right now. When the rewards list was posted I didn't believe it. At all. Like I thought it was a load of bullshit." Grayson started. 

"So there are people killing other people right now? For money?" I asked. "That's always happening. But the people on the list. Blue right now, you stand at ten million dollars. You have a ten million target on your back." Grayson said as I just stood there. I had so many emotions running through my head. 

"So because of the stupid list you put me on I'm now worth ten million dollars if I'm dead?" I asked raising my voice. I was so angry and hurt, also scared. "Blue I can explain now but we need to get you out of here. Now." Grayson said as my mouth dropped open. "I just started my shift Grayson." I said pointing at the door, "and now I'm talking to a criminal. Who let me remind you is also worth millions." 

"Blue we need to go now." Grayson said. "No." I replied crossing my arms. "You're still stubborn as hell." Grayson replied laughing. "Yes I am. And I'm not leaving." I said. "I'm not letting you out of that door unless you're leaving with me." Grayson said as he smirked. 

"I hate you." I said giving in. "That's my girl." Grayson said opening the door. I scoffed, "I haven't been your girl for years and I sure as hell won't ever be your girl again." I passed him lightly knocking my shoulder into his. 

"You know where to find me." Grayson said disappearing. My life was in danger yet he was leaving me to meet him somewhere. "Nice." I mumbled to myself rushing into the ER grabbing my bags. "I just threw up a few times. I don't want to endanger any of the patients." I said covering my mouth trying my best to play the part. 

She excused me as I took one last long look at the ER, this would probably be one of the last times I would ever step foot in this hospital. My life was completely going to change. And it was all because of one a stupid list and rule change. 

~~~

Kinda short chapter but still extremely important to the plot. As usual make sure to comment your thoughts or what you think will/should happen. I love you all.