4. First Sign Of Life

After a traumatic Boxing Day her bedroom was tidy. She woke up the next day and walked to her dad's room he wasn't there again. But she knew exactly where he would be. She walked down the cold stair case and into the kitchen. But he wasn't there so she wondered into the living room where he was laid on the floor struggling for breath. "JAMIE" she cried up the stairs. Jamie shot out of bed and ran down in his boxers in to the living room. He was startled by what he saw. "Don't just stand the, call an ambulance." She could barely see past her tears in her eyes and she watched her dad slowly die in her arms. It was all to late when the ambulance arrived. They did a log roll to find he had been stabbed in the back multiple times. The question was who did this? All the doors and windows are locked so no one could get in. What happened to the knife that killed him? All these questions were racing around Zoe's head. She ran up to her room and jumped on her bed. She rang Josh to tell him the news. Zoe looked around her dad's bedroom and the doll was sat on his bed. Zoe was confused as she looked in there before and there was no doll to be seen. She closed the door behind her and ran to Jamie's room. "Did you move my doll into dad's room?"she asked. She was so confused at this time she didn't know what question to start with. "No. I swear on mums grave." He replied. He was starting to become anxious to where this would lead. "Why is my doll on dad's bed? It can't move on its own... Can it?"