2. The Gift

It was a beautiful Christmas morning the sun was out the birds were singing. The Smith family gathered around the Christmas tree to open there presents. Jamie, Declan's son, picked up a present with his name on it and ripped it so quick Zoe thought he would break whatever was inside. "Cool!" He shouted as he looked at his gift which was a Nerf gun he always wanted. Declan walked out the room and came back in holding a rather large present. As he walked past Jamie he read on the label
'For Zoe,
For her hard and painful days at school I got you this gift!
Love Dad xx'
Jamie hated the idea that she got a huge present and wasn't going to let anyone forget that. "Why dose she get the bigger present I'm older?" He asked in a rude way.
"Because you are fine at school no one picked on you, so grow up," Dad shouted with rage that scared Zoe. Jamie was so upset he ran up stairs and slammed the door behind him. "Don't worry about him. Open your present your going to LOVE it!" He insisted. Zoe picked up the huge gift when the door bell rang. "I'll get it Dad, it's probably Josh." She said jumping up.

Zoe flung the door open and there stood Josh. Her eyes went all dreamy and wondered why this boy liked her. Her family were poor, her house was run down, she didn't have any friends anymore, she only had him by her side. Joshed pulled out a little wrapped up box from under his coat and said " Merry Christmas darling!" Zoe was so happy he had come she asked him in for lunch.

They sat around the Christmas tree and Zoe opened Josh's present first. It was a beautiful golden locket with their names carved in it."Open it!" When she did she saw the most perfect picture of them kissing in the gardens. Zoe didn't know what to say so she moved on to her Dads gift. She picked it up again and began to slowly opening the wrapper. At first she saw feet and the arms by her side. Then the head was revealed, she looked at it with confusion to why she had been given a doll. She didn't want to upset her father so said to him "Its the best present I have ever had!" Then she looked at Josh who looked rather sad about those words "And you yours was perfect!" She reassured him.

Zoe was about to go to bed when she felt disturbed by the broken doll in the corner of her bedroom. She thought it was looking at her where ever she was in the room. So Zoe went over and grabbed the doll by the foot and shoved it in her cupboard. She went to sleep.