3. The Movement

Zoe woke up early the next morning with a startle. She opened her eyes and the doll was sitting at the end of her bed. She breathed fast and deep with fright. She jumped out of bed and ran to Jamie's room. "Did you move my doll?" She asked hastily. Jamie had no idea what she was on about. She then ran to her dads room and Jamie followed putting on his dressing gown. Her dad wasn't there so she ran down stairs missing two steps every time. She looked in every room but he wasn't there the last place she hadn't looked was the kitchen. Her dad was there sat at the table asleep. Zoe walked over to wake him up. Her dad jumped with surprise to be in the kitchen. "I'm sure I went to bed last night?" He said confused he stood up to find a note on the table 'I AM AWAKE'. It was written in blood, but who's? Dad looked down at his finger. He felt it throbbing all of a sudden he realised it was his blood. Something had cut his finger and used it to write with. BANG!!!. Everyone screamed "It came from upstairs." Whispered Jamie. Huddled together they started to walk slowly to the stairs. "Has someone broken in?" Questioned Zoe. They all walked up the creaking steps one by one until the reached the top. There lied the doll. "But that was in my room?" Zoe said puzzled. She walked towards the doll and looked in her room. It was a mess everything was broken. Right there by her feet lied the locket Josh had given her. It was broken in two. She fell to her knees and started to sob. What sort of monster could do this to a fifteen year old girl?