Sparks | Tendou Satori

((Every time you and your soulmate touch you have literal sparks between you, like static electricity. When you both fall in love with each other you can touch each other without getting zapped.))

When you started middle school, you had just moved from a neighboring prefecture and everything was new and intimidating. You didn't know anyone so you were very nervous for your first day at school.

When you arrived you noticed that recruiting for school clubs had already begun, with students walking around or standing in the hallways distributing registration forms . Some of them offered you a form as well, asking you to join their club, but you politely declined. 

You were not planning on joining a club until you had made a friend or two.

"Thanks for joining the volleyball club! Practice is after classes in the main gym." You heard someone say behind you. Right after that, someone bumped into your back with their backpack and you lost your balance. There was nothing you could do but extend your arms in front of you to break your fall.

As you landed on your knees someone was already apologizing and as you looked up a hand appeared in your field of vision. Your eyes trailed up his arm to land on the face of a red haired boy looking down at you, worried.

"Are you hurt?" He asked and you shook your head, indicating you were fine, before grabbing his hand. You immediately pulled your hand back as a heavy shock went through your hand all the way up your arm and your eyes widened in surprise.

Of all the things you had anticipated to happen on your first day of school, finding your soulmate was not one of them.

You looked up at him shyly, but the look on his face confused you. He seemed completely unaffected. Had he not felt the shock?

"What's wrong?" He asked you and extended his arm further to you. "Despite how I look, I don't bite." 

"Did you not just..." You felt silly and didn't finish your question. Instead you scrambled to your feet without his help.

You quickly told him goodbye and made off in a random direction. When you came to a hallway that was not as busy you took a moment to gather your thoughts. 

Why had you been the only one to feel the sparks between you? Had there been some kind of mistake? Was there something wrong with you? Were you being punished for something? You did not even think about the possibility that maybe it was not you, but him...

--

In elementary school Tendou had already decided. If he ever found his soulmate he would pretend he felt nothing. He would not do his soulmate the disservice of being stuck with a monster. Because that's what he was, a monster.

His classmates called him that, even at their young age, and while he put on an indifferent front, it did hurt him. 

Tendou had hoped on a fresh start in middle school, no one he knew attended here, but already he had seen the looks in many of the students' eyes as he met them. Even the ones that had just recruited him in to the volleyball club had done so hesitantly.

And that had been when it happened. He had stepped back to make his way to the classroom and bumped into someone rather forcibly. He turned around to find he had just knocked a girl to her knees. 

He apologized and tried to help her get back on her feet, but as soon as she grabbed his hand, Tendou felt a shock go through his hand and arm. He had about a millisecond to process his shock and put on a poker face before she looked up at him in shock.

Of all the things he had never wanted to happen in his life, finding his soulmate was on the top of his list.

"What's wrong?" He feigned ignorance. "Despite how I look, I don't bite."