Chapter 22: Try to keep control

Jeno tried to avoid Jaemin in every way possible.

What happened was a mistake.
And Jaemin wouldn't see it.

So Jeno had to be the responsible one.
Even though his heart was screaming at him to just go to Jaemin and repeat this mistake over and over again.

Jeno tried to keep it professional.
And Jaemin played along.

He had to.

Because he had a plan. And that would only work, when he got Jeno's trust again.

So Jaemin behaved and acted like an innocent cute guy, who wasn't preparing to flirt with Jeno and seduce him, as soon as the right time would come.

In the beginning Jeno felt weird, because Jaemin had given up on him so fast.
Maybe also a little bit disappointed?

But he also realized that he really, really missed his best friend.

This was the problem with his heart.
It could never stay away from Jaemin for a long time.

"Stupid heart", Jeno muttered to himself, when he saw Jaemin laughing with Renjun at the other side of the practice room.

He knew, if Jaemin would try to get closer to him again, he immediately would give in.

And of course Jaemin also couldn't stay away from Jeno for a long time too.

So that is why he found himself in front of Jeno's bedroom door, when the two were home alone.

He gently knocked on the door and waited till Jeno opened it.

"Hi", Jaemin said nervously.

"Hi", Jeno answered shyly back.

"Can we please talk? I-", but Jaemin's words got interrupted by Jeno, who lunged forward and pulled him in a tight hug.

"I've missed you, Jaemin-ah", he mumbled against Jaemin's shoulder.

Jaemin was frozen in place first, but then he quickly caught himself and hugged Jeno just as tight back.

"I've missed you too, Jeno-ah."

After that Jeno pulled Jaemin in his room and they fell on his bed, talking about everything that happened the last few days.

Happy, to be with each other again.

Jaemin tried to put his head on Jeno's shoulder and cuddle with the black haired one, but the older scooted away.

"I'm sorry, Jaemin, but we really can't do that anymore.", Jeno explained with a sad voice.

Jaemin pouted. Which made Jeno sigh. God damn this pout.

"I promise I will behave", Jaemin said and pulled Jeno back.

Jeno let him.
Because this was also torture for him.

But he knew, this was the right thing. This was, what he had to do. Wheter they liked it or not. And they both obviously didn't like it.

Jaemin put his head on Jeno's shoulder and his arm over Jeno's chest.
Jeno gave up and put his arm around Jaemin's waist, pulling him even closer.

They fell in silence, just enjoying being close to each other.

No words were needed. They could hear and feel each other's heartbeats, they made the talking.

After a while they fell asleep.
It was a good sleep. What they both needed. Because since they stopped spending so much time with each other, it became a difficult thing to get some proper sleep at night.