Chapter Six

Wayne’s POV

Tanya, why won’t you leave my mind? I sighed as I layed down on my bed. All I could think about was her, her plump lips and how it tasted against mine. My mouth watered as I remembered how she smelled like lavander and something sweet I couldn’t figure out. She smelled like gentleness and comfort, yet she was the one comfort at that time. It soothed me to my bones. She had this uncertain heavenly warmth that radiated from every pores of her body. The softness of her demeanor. Her beauty was like of a perfectly still water or a cool morning air. She was refreshing to say the least.

I reached for my phone on the bedside table and I found myself dialing her number. I’d be happy just to hear her voice again.

“Hello?” I heard her sweet, soft voice after a few rings.

“Tanya.”

“Wayne.” She sounded surprised.

“How was your day?” Tanong ko.

“Uh… okay naman. Ikaw?”

“It was good.” I answered. Though it would be great if it was spent with you. I glanced at the clock to see that it was already eleven o’clock. “Natutulog ka na ba? Naistorbo ba kita?”

“Hindi naman. Kauuwi ko lang galing sa trabaho. Closing kasi ako ngayon.” Sabi niya.

“What are you doing now?” I asked.

“Katatapos ko lang kumain.” Sagot niya. “Nagdinner ka na ba?”

“Yeah. Ikaw nga ang naisip ko habang kumakain ako dito mag-isa. I was wishing you were here to cook dinner for me.” I let out a sigh.

“Hayaan mo minsan ipagluluto kita ng ulam. Pwede ilagay mo na lang sa fridge at initin mo kung gusto mo nang kainin.” She said.

“You would do that for me?”

“Oo naman.”

“Ano’ng oras ang pasok mo bukas?”

“Seven ng umaga.”

“Ano’ng oras ang tapos ng klase mo?”

“Six ng gabi.”

“Maaga ka pa bukas. You should go to sleep.” I said. “Good night, Tanya.”

“Good night, Wayne.” Sagot niya.

I still didn’t want to hang up the phone and she didn’t hang up either. There were no words needed to be said. Neither one of us spoke because it was almost as if an understood communication had been made. It was a comfortable silence like the silence where you just both can think together. Just to hear her soft breathing and just to know she was still there was enough for me.

“Good night.” Ulit ko pagkalipas ng ilang minuto.

“Good night.” She answered back again.

“Good night.” I chuckled.

“Good night.” I could hear the smile in her voice.

I shook my head, laughing silently. I was just waiting for her to hang up the phone so I could hang up but she kept answering my good nights. Baka hindi kami matapos kaka-good night nito. “Just hang up the phone.”