6. Tatuaggio

'You heard correctly Andy, little Gabriela here has gotten a secret tattoo' Leonardo says through gritted teeth

He is definitely the most angry about it, but I can't figure out why. His hands balled up in fists, jaw clenched, eyes stony and set on me. He's just so angry, this happened before I came to live with them. 

Why do people always expect you to stay the same? I'm not that 5 year old anymore who use to beg Leo to read to her at night more than any other brother. He doesn't know me, and I don't know him.

I don't bother looking up, I can pretty much imagine what all their faces look like. I hear them instead coming and sitting at the kitchen table, with the sound of the chairs scraping back.

'Look at us Gabriela' Alessandro commands me.

I know this is not the time for arguments so I do as I'm told. Alessandro is sitting directly opposite me, with Francisco and Leonardo either side of him. Matteo is sitting next to me and Lorenzo the other side. Xavier is still on the counter munching on his banana. I raise my eyes to his where they match, making him give me a thumbs up as a good luck sign. 

'Do you have a tattoo Gabriela?' he asks whilst drumming his fingers on the table.

'Yes'

'Why'

'I dunno, felt like a good idea at the time'

 I don't mention how drunk and high I was when I got it, or why I chose that spot. I was dumb getting it done by a dodgy tattoo artist who didn't even check my ID because he was too busy pervering on me. Why it was there though, thats important and it hid something so deep and horrible I wanted to hide it forever, and the tattoo did that. When people destroy you so much, you're the one left to mend it so I make no apologies for how I repaired myself.

Francisco suddenly interrupts the conversation 'How the hell did you get it done? You're 15 for fucks sake?'

'They didn't ask to see my ID'

Lorenzo snorts 'Well now we know why it's infected'

 'Sei Cosi stupido Gabriela' Matteo buts in. 

They're all fuming and yelling at me apart from Alessandro and Xavier, the first who is staring at me intently whilst the other is cackling in the corner at watching the brothers tear me apart.

I can tell Alessandro staring intently at my face with an unreadable expression until he orders everybody 'Right, that's enough for one night', and as Leonardo opens his mouth to protest he argues again 'Everyone leave the kitchen apart from Matteo.'

As everyone walks out the room, Alessandro and Matteo take me into into the working section of the house and then into a room I've never been into before, it look's kinda like one of the hospital wards? Why do we have that in our house? Alessandro disappears once I enter the room, leaving it just Matteo and I.