9. Ricordi

*Flashback to 10 years ago* 

*This is not written in Gabriela's P.O.V*

Alessandro woke up to the sound of screaming

Alessandro woke up to the sound of screaming. He instantly recognized the sound as his parents, and he also knew if he heard it so would his siblings and soon enough, he heard the patter of feet running on the ground. 

'Andy? You awake?' he heard the soft voice of Gabriela whisper. 

His room was in complete darkness and all he could see was a crack of light entering his room before shutting. 

'Yeah I'm up Gabs' he grabbed her little 5 year old body and swung her onto her chest. 

Her dark hair was all in knots and had deep shadows under her eyes. He could tell that she hadn't slept well, but then again who could sleep well when screaming echoed around the house. 

'Let's go back to sleep' he mumbles while attempting to flatten her hair and pulling her close onto his bare chest. His attempt didn't work, as the five year old pushed against him, crossing her arms and sticking out her pout while defiantly saying 'Not tired.'

'Ok bambina' he mutters anyway, closing his eyes and trying to get a few more moments of sleep.

Just as he managed to drift back to sleep, he heard the door opening and shuttering before hearing another  little voice popping up 'Alessandro?'

'Hi Xavier' he drew out a long breath. He knew at this point he wouldn't be getting any more sleep. Instead, he lifted himself out of bed and attempted to grab the attention of the children 'Shall we head down and get some food eh?' 

The sound of food immediately got the kids attention and they all headed down to the kitchen. Alessandro walked down to the kitchen, cradling Gabriela in one arm and holding Xavier's hand in the other one. 

This wasn't a normal morning. Well, in one sense it was. The shouting and screaming of their parents was a daily occurrence, but they used to have help. Nanny after nanny came, but after Valentina threatened and abused them, they all left. 

Dishing out cereal to the children, Alessandro was in his own mind. He was just 18 years old. He should have been at a party last night with Matteo and Francisco, sleeping with whatever hot girl he found and blown off some steam through the beautiful mix of alcohol and drugs. Instead, he was at home dealing with a 6 and 5 year old. 

It was in moments like this Alessandro was torn. Did he follow his body's desire, where he would fuck and sleep with any girl he wanted or was his head right? His head which told him he had to provide Xavier and Gabriela, and even the twins sometimes, some stability in a life where their life was anything but stable.