The Battle

Connor got ready for his day on the town. He knew what his pack was planning. He just hoped it worked.

He slipped his blue and purple hoodie on top of his white tee and blue jeans, laced up his white Vans, and headed downstairs. Charlotte, Chandra, and a Warren were waiting for him. He ran straight to Charlotte and gave her a hug.

Connor loved Charlotte. He thought she was supposed to be his mate. She was thirteen, but she was the most beautiful girl in the world, besides his Mommy, in his eyes. She was four foot six, had a slender frame that was already starting to blossom, pitch black hair, full red lips, a killer smile, big green eyes, and freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her looks were impeccable, but it was her personality that he adored most. She was shy, soft spoken, and kind hearted.

"Okay, you two love birds. Let's get going." Warren said as he ushered them out the door.

When they got into the city, Connor and Charlotte ran straight to the arcade. Chandra and Warren kept an eye out for Jameson. The kids were playing Dance Dance Revolution.

Turning to make sure they weren't being supervised, Connor whispered to Charlotte, "I need you to keep them distracted. I know you won't understand, but please, do this for me. Its important."

"Okay. Just promise me you'll be careful."

"I will. Thanks, Char. I owe you one."

He hugged her and slipped out the back door undetected. He knew exactly what he had to do. He ran straight to the duck pond, where Jameson was waiting.

"Hey ugly! You looking for me?" He taunted.

Jameson turned to face him. "I knew you'd come."

"Yeah? So? What are you going to do? Sprinkle me with some magic dust?"

Jameson growled and ran towards him, but Connor was quick. He anticipated it. Spinning around, he ran towards the park, with Jameson in hot pursuit.

As soon as he crossed the imaginary line, the wolves attacked.

Kyle lunged for him with a menacing snarl. He grabbed a hold of Jameson's collar bone and thrashed around violently. Jameson was trying to tear him off when Isaac ripped into his neck. Three more jumped on him, taking purchase of whatever body part was exposed. Jameson made easy work of throwing them all off. Dazed momentarily, they attacked again, but this time, they dug in to his flesh with their newly engineered battle claws. The effect temporarily weakened him. That was all Connor needed.

Without hesitation, he unsheathed a wrought iron dagger and charged the man who stood there at least three times his own size. He used the wolves as stepping stones and plummeted it into Jameson's chest. The strength of the blow sent them both toppling down the hill and into the sea. They were simultaneously encompassed in cold, wet, darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poseidon felt the intrusion of his domain. He smelled the overly sweet scent that could only belong to one man. But, something was off. There was another unwelcome presence as well.

He rushed to the scene, where he discovered Connor twirling in the water, digging a dagger into Jameson's chest, and losing consciousness. The Sea God ordered a mermaid to take Connor to the palace, then attacked Jameson.

He threw his trident, and it pinned Jameson to the ground. Poseidon assaulted the man with one devastating blow after another. However, Jameson was too weak to fight back.

The Sea God would not settle for this. It was all too easy. He teleported them to a dungeon. The place was huge and had every torture device you could imagine. He opened a drawer of the table in front of him and pulled out iron scalpels and maces. Jameson had already been strapped to a chair.