Great Courage

Kyle knew what the plan was and why it was so important, but he still wasn't too fond of it. There were simply too many variables. What if Poseidon didn't agree to help them? What if the pack magic wasn't enough and Poseidon still held him to his oath? What if?

It didn't matter Kyle knew how important this mission was. He wasn't part of the pack yet, so he couldn't read the others minds. But, he didn't need telepathic abilities to see and feel their pain. It was quite obvious how important Sophiana was to his soon- to- be pack.

Kyle drew in a few deep breaths, enjoying what could be his last moments on land for the next one hundred years, and walked into the Sea God's domain. Within a few steps, he could feel his body sinking. After all, lycanthropes cannot swim. Their body mass is too dense. He drew in one last deep breath and dove to the bottom of the sea.

He looked around, searching for a monster to come and drag him to his fate. Roughly fifteen minutes passed when Kyle started to panic. He knew the plan wasn't fool proof, but he never accounted for this.

He was about to completely give up hope, when someone grabbed him by his ankle.

"You dare show your face here, you mangy mutt!" The Sea God boomed.

Before Kyle even had a chance to answer, he got sucked in to a spiraling vortex of darkness. The vortex was some sort of transportation device. When Kyle reopened his eyes, he discovered he was in an underwater palace. It was truly a magnificent sight to behold. It was composed of platinum and gold, and gorgeous, sparkling semi- precious stones. He was still taking it all in when Poseidon himself appeared before him.

The palace was beautiful, but Poseidon was even more splendid. He stood well over seven foot tall, wore armor of diamonds and gold, had long, curly dark brown hair, and a beard down to his waist to match. His eyes were of the richest blues, and he was holding his famed golden trident.

Yet the hardest thing for Kyle to comprehend was the fact that he was submerged under water and could breathe perfectly well. His mind was on complete overload. His thoughts were blurring together. Just as he was starting to clear his head, Poseidon landed a devastating blow to his temple.

"Do not ignore me, you insolent little swine! Why have you came? Your kind is not welcome here." Poseidon roared.

Still trying to come to his bearings, Kyle answered, "Please, I've come seeking your assistance."

"Why would I help you, mutt?"

"Because there's a young boy up there in a lot of trouble, and the Greeks have told me how compassionate you are. You can't just sit back and do nothing."

"You're mistaken. I can, and I will. Humans get themselves in trouble all the time, and child or not, it is not my duty, nor my responsibility them from their own stupidity."

"Not even if the person after said child is Jameson Ford?"

The look in Poseidon's eyes took on a more serious tone. He contemplated for a moment before he replied, "No, not even then."

"Then, I suppose telling you the child in question is Connor Callaghan wouldn't either."

Poseidon glared at Kyle. The look was enough to send chills down his spine. Kyle was about to take a step backwards, but Poseidon tackled him to the ocean floor. "Tell me, scoundrel, why is it you don't wreak of that filthy pack's magic, yet you come to me bringing news of Connor Callaghan? Don't bother lying to me, as I'll be able to sense it."

"I'm a rogue wolf. I don't need a fucking pack. I was just passing through, and I heard about the kid. Three local alpha said the only chance in hell they had of getting him back is if you intervene. He said they couldn't ask you though, and now I see why. You're a dick, but are you going to help the kid or not?"

"I'll let that little remark go, this time, but next time, you won't be so lucky. How do they expect me to help anyways? I cannot leave the water. I have my own problems to deal with down here."

"We have a plan."

The two sat down to discuss how they could help Connor, and hopefully save Sophiana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connor was lying in his bed, reading one of Sophiana's books, and cuddling his blankey. It still smelled like her. His heart was breaking. He missed her, but more than that, he couldn't stand the thought of bring completely helpless. Sure, he had the physical appearance of a six year old child, but his mind was much beyond that. Mentally and emotionally, he was as mature as most twenty year olds.

He went downstairs and found Adam, Mercy, Isaac, and Chandra still huddled around the table. They were so deeply lodged in their conversation, they didn't even realize he had taken a seat at the last chair on the left. He sat there quietly for a few minutes, listening to them ramble on and on about their plans to get his Mom back. Then, he finally interrupted, "I know none of you have heard from Kyle, so I think its safe to assume that his mission has failed. Poseidon isn't going to help us." Adam tried to interrupt, but Connor continued anyways. "That's okay. I figured he had more urgent matters to attend to than helping a six year old mortal boy. That being said, I have a plan of my own that I think deserves some serious deliberations on your parts. She is my Mommy, and I want to get her back as much, if not more than the rest of you do."

"Connor, honey, I know you're scared and want your Mommy back, but let the adults handle it, okay?" Chandra chided.

"Damn it! No! You will listen to me! I'm sick of being dismissed. I know most of you think of me as a little boy, and normally, that's okay. But, right now, the stakes are too high for such foolish shenanigans. You will listen to me!" He demanded.

"The floor is yours kiddo." Isaac beamed. "i can't promise we'll put your plan into action, but if you feel that strongly about it, we'll at least take it into consideration."

"Thank you, Isaac. Assuming that Kyle has indeed failed, I feel as if the next best course of action would be to strike out at Jameson ourselves. I realize he is too strong, even for the pack, but everyone has a weakness. Jameson Ford is no exception to that rule. You all know that I was born with my mother's memories. As I get older, certain things are starting to become too clear. Obliviously, Mommy is one of Jameson's weaknesses. Thus why he went to such extents to find her. But, thanks to her memories, I know what Jameson really is."

Everyone stared at Connor in disbelief. They all knew very well just how powerful Jameson was, but none of them, not even Isaac, knew exactly what he was. They all had their own opinions and guesses, but no one knew for a fact.

"Jameson Ford is a fairy."

Everyone looked at Connor like he just sprouted an additional head.

"A fairy?!" Mercy exclaimed.

"Yes. A fairy. I know it sounds crazy, but its the truth. I heard him tell my mother many years ago, but he swore her to secrecy. I don't think he knows that I know." Connor answered in a matter of fact tone.

"Okay. Even if you're right, I don't see how this bit of knowledge helps us." Adam interjected.

"Because knowing what he is will help us find his main weakness." Connor replied. "We'll just have to do some research, but in the meantime, I have my plan. I can allow myself to be captured. I know its a big risk, but it may be necessary. Assuming that he doesn't kill me immediately, we should be able to distract him. While he's busy floating Mommy about my capture, you all can sneak in, rescue her, and once she's safe, you can come back to save me."

"Absolutely not!" Isaac snapped.

Disappointed, Connor nodded in compliance. He knew they wouldn't agree to it, but he had to try. If nothing else, at least they now knew what Jameson was. Maybe it would be enough to figure out a successful plan.