A Moment of Panic

Sophiana woke up, eyes swollen from crying herself to sleep, she had made a decision. She would play Jameson's little game, and as soon as he trusted her, she would make a break for it. She prayed to Connor's father to give her safe passage.

Feeling good about her plan, she called for Jameson. To her surprise, he didn't answer her. 'Strange. Where is he?'

Her heart sank. She had a theory about where he went, but she hoped she was wrong. For the love of all that's good and holy, she desperately hoped she was wrong.

"Jameson, my love, why won't you come to me?" She called, praying he would come. This time, she got her wish. Standing right outside the door, Jameson held two cups of coffee.

He walked in, handed her one, and sat down beside her. She grabbed one of the cups, inclined her head in gratitude, took a sip, and said, "I have thought about what you said, and I'm willing to give us another try. But, you have to promise to unchain me."

"Fair enough. Though, how do I know this isn't just another one of your little tricks?"

"I guess you're just going to have to trust me."

"You say that as if its an easy thing to do."

"Have I not always been forthcoming with you? Whether it be good or bad, you've always known exactly how I felt."

He nodded in recognition. "That's true, but why the sudden change in heart Phia?"

She suppressed a growl. "I don't really have much of a choice, do I Jamie? You're not going to let me leave, so I might as well try to make the best of it."

"Don't call me that. You know I hate it. And, no you don't have many other options. I'm glad you realize it now."

"And I hate being called Phia, and it doesn't stop you from using it. Now, enough of this. I'm starving. Undo my chains, and I'll go make us some strawberry waffles, your favorite."

"Very well, but don't try anything stupid. I won't take kindly to it."

"I wouldn't dream of it dear."

Still skeptical, he unchained her and escorted her to the kitchen.

She immediately started preparing the ingredients to make the meal. She looked around, but couldn't find a waffle iron.

"I don't suppose you have a waffle iron lying around?"

He didn't answer, but he gave her an incredulous look.

"Oh, right, I forgot. Sorry. Of course you wouldn't, considering you're 'allergic' to iron. So, looks like I'll be making pancakes instead."

Without another word, she started cooking.

After breakfast, Jameson gave her a tour of his house.

"I have a few errands I need to run. I'll be back shortly. I won't chain you back to the bed, if you promise to stay in the house."

"Okay. I'll stay in here." She said while standing in his arcade room.

"Very well. I'll see you shortly." He said as he turned and walked away. Even if she did try to escape, he had already put up a magic ward on the property, so she wouldn't get far.

Sophiana heard his Corvette purr to life and go down the drive.

'Of course! How could I have been so stupid. Iron will weaken him severely, and then he can drown in water. That would kill him. But, only for twenty five years. If I burn his body and scatter the ashes, he will never be able to regenerate. We would finally be safe!'