Enjoy the Silence- Depeche Mode

All I Ever Wanted

((a/n DISLIKE THIS ONE ALSO SORRY))

Shawna's eyes fluttered open in a clichéd kind of gentle way. She could've been awakened by several factors, such as the sun disappearing behind the trees and engulfing her in chilly shade, or a bumblebee buzzing a little too loudly by her ear. But the most obvious reason seemed to be the warm, heavy pressure weighing down on her chest and left arm.

She glanced down at this warmth to see a head full of short, wispy brown hair resting on the space beneath her collarbone. Her arm was tucked beneath the body of this snoozing brunette, and in her drowsy state of post-nap tiredness, she thought that she had no problem at all with this.

She shifted slightly beneath her girlfriend, feeling the cushy grass and fluffy dandelions shift with her beneath her back. They'd been lying in this field for hours, maybe half the day, just being in each other's presence, and at some point, Shawna figured, they must have fallen asleep.

Shawna stroked her girlfriend, Charlotte's, hair, letting out a quiet sigh on content. She couldn't see Charlotte's face, but she could imagine it very clearly; full pink lips parted slightly as she snoozed, her long eyelashes brushing her pale cheeks and soft bangs covering her thin eyebrows. She thought of maybe waking her just to feel the comfort of seeing her hazel eyes, but thought she might as well let Charlotte sleep for a little while longer.

It's not like she minded the silence. Between her and Charlotte, there were never words, and never could be- Charlotte was mute. She'd simply been born that way, and though she could hear, she could never reply. Shawna didn't mind. Words, to Shawna, were unnecessary most of the time. All she needed was Charlotte's smile and the words given to her by sign language to communicate their love between them.

Shawna held Charlotte close, looking back up at the passing clouds. Only birds chirped and crickets stirred in the silence, and it was peaceful. She held in her arms all she ever wanted or needed in the world, lying in the soft meadow on a cool summer evening.

((a/n this is so short I didn't think it was that short??? idk))