chapter 3

Rose's POV

Four hours later i was finally getting that shower i had been promised. Dimitri had seemed to make it his life goal to prove to me over and over and over again how much he missed me, now i was standing under a hot stream of water feeling delicously relaxed while my insatiable boyfriend finally succumbed and slept peacefully in the king sized feather bed that adorned the room.

You would think that the bed would be the most amazing thing about our room but it wasnt. The bed was just the begining, all big and gold and soft in all its glory. It was matched with a small sitting parlor, fire place and small kitchennet along with the epic onsweet bathroom that i know stood in. The shower was a work of art all its own, all bronze stone, it was the size of a small room with multiple, steam, waterfall and side jets that could strike you every way you turn, a stoned bench sat in the center for anyone who chose to just sit and let the steam set in. I oppted for a single waterfall jet just off to the side of the bench, letting it gently drip down over me. I was to blissed out to even care about all then shinny toys that surrounded me.

When i was finally able to pull myself away from the heavenly water, finally free of all the blood, make up and sweat of the day. i stepped out of the shower and faced the large marble vanity that held an assortment of lotions, hair products and cosmetics of every kind. I rolled my eyes, leave it to Lissa to not spare me her girly must haves.

Choosing lotus scented lotion that matched the shampoo i had just used i lathered myself up from head to toe.

Feeling fresh and relaxed i wrapped myself up in a clean, fluffy white towel and padded back out into the bedroom to find Dimitri snoring softly face down on the bed.

I couldnt help but smile and admire him for a moment. It was moments like this that i loved, seeing him relaxed and care free, he seemed so....young. Moments when i could forget what a dangerous life we both lived, moments when i could forget about the past, about who he had been.

About what he had been.

I wasnt lying when i said i loved Dimitri past, present, and future. I even loved him when he was strigoli, but it didnt mean i had forgotten. There were times, in the heat of a fight or when he was angry that i could swear i could almost see a glimmer of red in his eyes. You would blink and it would be gone.

But i always wondered...

Dimitri moaned, pulling me out of my darkening thoughts. He rolled onto his back, his chest expanding and tightening with distressed breaths, a grimace marred his sleeping face.

"No" he breathed "No"

I stepped closer, crawling onto the bed and grabbing his shoulder with my free hand that wasnt holding my towel up.

"Dimitri" i said "Dimitri wake up"

He moaned again, tossing his head so that his long dark hair covered part of his face, clearly i wasnt getting through to him this way.

Giving up the hold on my towel, i climbed on top of Dimitri and grabbed both his shoulders

" Dimka!" I exclaimed "Dimka come back to me"

With a gasp, and a jolt that almost bucked me off Dimitris eyes flew open. For a moment he looked around wildly, chest heaving, his hands were tight fists in the sheets.

"Dimitri?" I whispered, gently reaching out and trailing my fingers down his face "are you alright?"

Dimitri's wild eyes landed on me and slowly they softened and his body began to relax.

"Rosa" He said my name as if it were a prair, dragging me down and holding me against his chest "Oh Rosa"

"What were you dreaming of?" i asked, wrapping my arms around him, he was silent for a moment

"You" he finally admitted "I was dreaming of you"

I sat up a bit, starring down at him in confussion, his naturally tan skin seemed awefully pale.

" i was dreaming that i lost you" he explained

I frowned

Dimitri sighed, closing his eyes as if he were in pain

"I dreamed that you were killed" he whispered "by a strigoli"

I ran my fingers down the side of his face, trying to smooth him

"It's alright" I said "I'm alright"

Dimitri pulled away, turning his head into the pillow

"No" he saId hoarsely "I was the strigoli"

My hand stilled. I felt the blood drain from my face

"Oh" I whispered

We sat In silence, the distance growing between us, Dimitri's fear and my anxiety creating a thick fog between us.

"W-what if I'm not healed?" Dimitri finally stuttered, turning his wide dark eyes on me "what if the darkness was just hidden and it's starting to come back, what if I become a strigoli again!"

"No!" I exclaimed, climbing off of him and pacing the floor at the end of the bed "I saw you change. I've seen you live for a year! It's just not possible!"

"But what if it is?" Dimitir's deep voice murmured "what if I'm just to dark?"

"Your not!" I cried "I won't let you!"

It wasn't until Dimitri's strong arms were around me that I realized I was crying...and naked.

"Shh" Dimitri murmured "it was just a dream, I'm sorry I scared you"

"You can't think like that" I sobbed "I can't bear for you to think your a monster, because your not Dimitri, your not"

"Shh" Dimitri cooed "I know, do not worry. I'm here"

He held me tight in his arms and rocked me back and forth as I shook, mildly noting that he was shaking to.

"You should see Lisa" I finally said "tomorrow"

"Okay" Dimitri said "I will"

We crawled back into bed, Dimitri wrapped his arms tight around me and hurried his face into my hair

"You smell amazing Roza" he whispered "oh how I have missed you"

"I missed you to" I said, gripping his hands that were pressed against my abdomen

"I love you"

"I love you"

And as his breathing slowed and he fell asleep I did my best to do the same, trying to forget our collective fear.

And the flash of red I saw in his eyes when he had woken.