Mr Mistoffelees X reader: jealous (part 1)

This is part 1 of a 2 part story chapter 2 will be out soon

Thank you to SkylarKeeney for the request!!! I hope you enjoy

It was a beautiful night at the junkyard. With the back and blue sky morphing into an ocean of clouds, mixed with, the busy sounds of London, it was pretty hard for you not to relax with your friends.

Bombalurina, Cassandra and Demeter were your best friends. Regardless of the age gap, you had a lot in common with the queens. You were only a few years younger than them but that didn't mean that you were any less worthy of the title.

The queens were intelligent, graceful, kind, trustworthy and motherly. Well respected members of the Jellicle clan.
You were so excited to be part of it.

The four of you had found a dry place to relax and gossip. For the first 5 minutes it was in silence so you could get comfortable before talking.

"Have you seen the way the boys have been looking at you?"

"Who are you talking to Cassandra?" You asked as you opened your eyes to look at her.

"You, silly. Since the last ball, most of the Toms have had an eye on you. " She stated as she lifted her head from her palms.

This is when Bombalurina pitched in with a joking tone. "Including Rumtumtugger. I told you he's mine" She whined with a smile.

"Now, now Bomb, play nice. You'll find someone someday."

"Ha ha. That's easy for you to say. You and Cassandra already have partners." The tabby replied as she rolled her eyes.

"Well, what can I say?" Demeter began with an almost smug smile."I'm lucky"

You, however, weren't listening to this part of the conversation since you were in a little bit of confusion.

"Wait, just let me dial back the conversation a little bit. Cassandra, you said that the boys have had an eye on me, what do you mean?" You asked

An excited smile graced Cassandra's face. "Like I said, since the last ball most of the boys have had an eye on you. Started looking at you differently. Some of them have actually have been flirting with you."

"W-what since when have they been flirting with me? And who?"

"Oh all of them. It's been Tugger mostly tho."

"Lucky" mumbled Bombalurina under her breath.

You went quiet again, grabbing the attention of Demeter.

"By the looks of it, ladies, our little (Y/N) has her eyes on someone else."

Your ears pricked up and a blush flashed across your face, at this statement. Was it that obvious?

" What? Is that true?"

"Yes! Tugger is mine" cheered the tabby.

"I-i don't have to say. I'm allowed my secrets." You stuttered with a smile.

On the other side of the junkyard a similar event was being held. All of the young Toms were lounging around an old car wreck, talking about whatever guys talk about. The conversation suddenly took a turn though.

"So, Alonso, how's mated life treating you?" The overly cocky Tom (known as Rumtumtugger) asked with a giggle.

"Actually, it's going great. Cassandra is a sweetheart and wouldn't change her for anything." He said with a content grin. " What about you, Tugger? How's the friend zone treating you? "

At hearing this, the rest of the boys burst into fits of laughter and giggles.

Tugger on the other hand, just stood there with an annoyed and defeated look.

"Well, last time I checked it wasn't just me that was friend-zoned by you know who," the male said, gesturing the rest of the group.

"It's true. Tried asking (Y/N) if she wanted to hang out. Got turned down flat." Answered Tumblebrutis as he fiddled with his thumbs.

"Same here" said one voice

"Yup, same" said another

The only two who didn't reply to this was Munkustrap and Mr Mistoffelees.

Munkustraps reason was that he already had a mate. Even if he didn't you were more of a close friend, to him, than anything else.

Mistoffelees's reason was a bit different. He had liked you for a while. Even before the ball, where you were given the opportunity to be a queen. The two of you were good friends when you were kittens but as you got older and got adopted by a human, you drifted away. However, when you suddenly reappeared in his life, the same cat he was best friends with, he fell for you hard.

"It's something about her body that just... Gets me going." Said a voice from the roof of the car.

"Oh ho ho. And her fur so shiny" said another.

"Ok, looks like someone has a fur fetish" giggled Plato.

Mistoffelees was listening to all of this. His blood was beginning to boil in his veins.

"Y-you know, you shouldn't talk about her like that." He begun, making the rest of the boys look at him with confusion.

"And why not? Oh of course I forgot. You have a little crush on (Y/N) don't you?" Tugger teased with a smile.

"S-so what if I do? You still shouldn't talk about her like that. She's nice and honest and helpful and kind and "

" Yea, yea we get the picture," Tugger said cutting him off.
"Having a crush on her is all well and good, what if she doesn't like you back?" He asked.

"What if she doesn't like you?" Mistoffelees answered, with genuine interest. " Flirting and lusting after her, is all well and good, but you've actually done this, to her face, and she's turned you down."

Everyone went quiet. They had seen Mistoffelees and Tugger have a spat but it was the first time the two had gotten into a genuine argument.