Plato X reader

Thanks to QuetzalNegrodeFuego for the suggestion

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining, birds were singing, all that good stuff.

You were sleeping soundly in your little patch of the junkyard when your mate, Plato came to visit. It wasn't unusual for him to visit you while you were still sleeping. Being the cat you were, you loved sleeping until early afternoon.

Plato was the same, but recently he hadn't been able to sleep properly without you. He didn't tell you this but he didn't need to.

At feeling his arms wrap around your waist, you smiled and purred as you snuggled into his chest.

"Good morning, Plato," you said not needing to open your eyes to know it was him.

"How did you know it was me?" He jokingly questioned pulling you closer to him.

"Lucky guess"

Those were the least words ether if you heard from each other for the next couple of hours.

[Smoll Skip]

When Plato woke up and saw that you weren't there, he was confused. You were the one who slept in, not him. Almost immediately his thoughts went to food. Of course, you were hungry and went for food. ' I think I'll join her.' he internally said as he stepped out of your little hut to find you.

"Mmmm this is some good stuff, want some tugger?" you said licking your chops before taking another bite of your fish.

Rumtumtugger looked at you in surprise. "How you know who is sneaking up on you, I'll never know." He smiled and sat next to you.

"Eh well." You said handing him the rest of your fish. "Its a gift I guess."

"You're not gonna finish this? That's not like you to leave some good food." The make asked with a quizzical look on his brow." watts up?"

You returned the look with a smile on your lips and chuckled " I was full. Just because I gave you my fish doesn't mean that anythings up"
He simply shrugged and took a bite of his fish.

"And besides..." You began bringing him in for a side hug. "If anything was "up" you'd be the first one to know"

Plato was behind a pile of trash throughout your convocation with tugger. He could feel a tightening feeling in his chest. It was a mix between jealousy, fear and confusion. He knew that the relationship between you and the fluffy Tom was more like this e sibling kind over romantic kind. ( I mean he was with another cat after all) Which was lucky for him considering there were plenty of other males in the Jellicle clan who would throw themselves that would throw themselves at your feet just to talk to you.

Suddenly an idea popped into his head and he leapt into action.

TIME SKIP (brought to you by the Heaviside layer)

"Plato??" You questioned as you dragged in a pillowcase full of stuff you found in the junkyard into your little hut.

"Oh, hello (y/n)" replied in a calm voice that gave you goosebumps.
He had slinked behind you and slowly slithered his arms around your hips. Just the feeling of how warm he was made you feel as if you were about to melt.

"You only hug me like this when you've done something stupid or you're trying to claim me as yours." You purred as you turned to face him.

"So which one is it?"

A flustered blush flashed across his face for a second only to quickly disappear and morph into a cocky smile.

" Can't it be both?" He said placing a quick kiss on your knuckles and pulling you into the direction of the food storage bit of you hut.

The second you turned the corner you gasped at what you saw.

Since you were gone for most of the afternoon, Plato had taken the time to find all of the ingredients to make a meal for the two of you. He had also found some new pillows and other fluffy things.

The smile on your face was huge. You never in a million cat years that he would do something like this.

You suddenly heard a cough come from beside you and when you saw this...

...Let's just say you melted a little bit more.

"Awww Plato" You cood as you brought him in for a hug, burying your face in his chest. " This is really stupid, you didn't need to do this."

Just as you were about to pull away Plato lost his balance, sending the two of you to fall to the ground and tip the table. The lasagna went everywhere. On the table, the pillows, the walls and of course over the two of you.
The flower he had brought got caught in his fur, making its leaves and petals weave into his fluffy mane.

After a second of silence, the two of you burst into a fit of laughter.

About an hour later, after the room was clean you turned to him and giggled.

He looked back at you in confusion "what?"

"He he he you e still got leaves in your hair," you said walking up to him " sit, I'll get them out for you"

He happily complied with you and sat on the floor, with you not far behind, you took your seat Infront of him and got to work.

What were you trying to do?" You giggled, removing leaves from his hair.

"I umm... I was trying to impress you."

At hearing this, you stopped what you were doing and looked at him. "What? Why?"

For the second time that evening, a flustered blush of pink flashed across his face. Whatever the reason, you could tell that it was embarrassing for him to say.

"I... Uh... When I woke up and saw you weren't with me, I went looking for you and ... When I saw you with Tougher... It..."

"Iiittt?" You asked moving forward a little bit making him more flustered and pink.

By this point, you knew what he was about to say and how to calm him down. Bit you just liked to see him squirm since he only did it in (what he deemed to be) embarrassing situations.

"It made me jealous. Ok?"

"Awww is my little Plato worried about the big fluffy kitty stealing me?" You said in a baby voice as you wrapped your arms around his neck and hugged him again.

"N-no I'm not" he stuttered once again, with a smile as he buried his face in your neck.

You pulled back and looked at him in the eyes.

"Well, you don't need to be. Because you're stuck with me" you grinned giving him a loving kiss on the lips.