Munkustrap x reader

It was around 1 o'clock in the morning at the junkyard and you were out on patrol. Prowling the fence line, protecting your tribe.
It was a perfect night.
The sky was a deep black. The moon shone on all the peaces of broken mirrors that were scattered around you.

On a warm night like this, you expected everyone to bee asleep. Well.... almost everyone.

As you were climbing on a rusted old car you heard a noise behind you. As if someone was following you. With a flick of your tail and a small smile on your lips, you took a seat on the roof of the old Ford.

You weren't afraid because you knew who it was before you heard the noise. It was the protector of the kittens and the teller of story's himself, Munkustrap.

You had noticed over your past 5 patrols that he had been keeping an eye on you, but this was the first time he was silly enough to be caught. 

After hearing another shuffle, you found out where the grey tom was hiding and quickly scurried off of the car to slunk behind him.

As you did this, you saw him start to scan the area looking for you, giving you an idea of why he was there.

Munkustrap, overall, was a very well respected and composed cat. The two of you have known each other your entire lives, which meant that you saw the sides to him that no one else did. During that time you had become close. To the point of developing feelings for him.

He also showed signs of having mutual feelings, however every time he tried to flirt or tell you how he felt he would get all flustered. And you loved seeing that side to the (mostly) composed protector.

"These past few nights have been so lovely haven't they, Munkustrap?" You purred in his ear with a small smile.

Feeling you so close to him gave him a chill from his ears right down to the tip of his tail, making his eyes widen and then soften in the realization of bring caught.

"You're not exactly the best at stalking are you?" You giggled walking to stand in front of him.

By this point, your friend had let out a quick chuff and said with an amused smile " No, I guess not. And by the sounds of it, you've known that I've been keeping an eye on you the past few nights."

"Yes, I have. Mind explaining why that is?" you grinned at him taking your finger and poke his nose "boop".

Munkustrap suddenly became very flustered and started to avoid looking you in the eye. It was obvious that he was embarrassed... But why?

"Well , since you were almost taken by Macavity at the ball I-" he was suddenly cut off by your finger on his nose again.

"The keyword is "almost". I was "almost" taken by Macavity at the ball." You started seeing the tom look down in disappointment only to have his head turned to you again by both your hands on his cheeks.

"But I had my friend protect me, didn't I?" You smiled

"You fought to keep both the tribe and I safe. And you did it without a second of hesitation, so thank you for that"
Your hands had wrapped around his waist as you pulled him into a hug, which he returned with a smile.

After a second on that position, he let out a shaky sigh as he closed his blue eyes and said in a clear voice "That wasn't the only reason."

"What?"

"That wasn't the only reason I saved you," he said as he pulled away slightly to face you while you were still in his arms.

"I-i um"

At hearing him get flustered again you smiled, and leaned into his face, brushing his lips against yours in a short but sweet kiss.

When you pulled away you could see a mixture of emotions in his eyes , that ranged from confusion, interest, joy , shock, and relief.

"I know the reason" you smiled, bringing him into another hug.

"You can read me like a book, can't you?" he chuffed as his reddened face hid in the crook of your neck.

You didn't answer. You just pulled him off of your shoulder and kissed his forehead as his hands slid around yours.