Chapter 6: Nightmares and Comfort

OK. So, you guys better love me and show me this love cause this chapter took FOREVER to write!  Its like ten pages long in word and I got writters block so often!  Im sorry I didn't get this out sooner but I also have school and homework to do. bblahhhhh :P  o well.  Thanks guys for reading my story!

PLEASE BECOME A FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Love you guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP

“Deal.”  We shook on and and I counted to three.

We shot off like bats out of hell.  After about three minutes of flat out sprinting I touched the door to the building mere seconds before Jack.  Panting I started to giggle before choking out “Even...in...heels...I...still...beat...you...!”

He glared at me and took a key card out of his pocket and swiped it in the slot to let us in to our new home.

I just laughed at his expression and followed him through the door only to stop dead in my tracks and gasp at what I saw next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 6

Jacks POV

We were walking back to our new apartment when I got the idea for a race.  I looked at Anna in her heels and skinny jeans and thought that I could easily beat her to the building.  So I challenged her to a race.  I didn’t really hear what she said I would have to do if she beat me but I said deal anyways.  We shot off and I was doing well until I started to loose steam about half way through.  I looked back around my left shoulder and I didn’t see her so I turned around only to have a face full of brown hair.

WHAT?! How did she get in front of me?  Oh no!  If she beats me I will never live this down!  She did a little victory dance after she reached the door.  She was laughing at me so I glared and swiped my key card to let us in to our apartment. 

She stopped in the doorway and gasped.  What?  There really isn’t anything special about this place.  I mean black leather furniture, stainless steel, white walls, black accents, all that bachelor stuff.  Hm.  I don’t get it. 

“Woah.”  She said quietly under her breath. 

“It’s not that big a deal.  Since I knew you were coming like three months ago I had them extend the apartment  so that we could have two bedrooms.  Yours is down the hall to the right and mine is on the left.”

“I GET MY OWN ROOM?!”  She was basically jumping up and down now with a huge grin on her face. 

“Of course.  Where did you think you were going to sleep?  The couch?”

She stopped jumping and smiled at me sheepishly.

“Well, kinda.  I mean I am used to sleeping in small houses where I don’t have a bedroom so I was just kinda expecting a futon in the living space or something.”

I looked at her with the most confused look on my face.  What did she mean by used to it?  Did she not have a bedroom in her old house? 

“Did you not have a bedroom or something?”  I asked.

“No.  I did but it was really small and I shared it with my older foster sister but she is at college right now so I had my first bedroom all to myself for like a week before I came here.”  She was talking so fast I could barely keep up.  She started jumping up and down again and skipping around the apartment.  She had the look on her face like a little kid on Christmas morning.  She ran back around and jumped on my back to hug me.  I gripped her legs so that she wouldn’t fall off as she hugged around my neck.  It felt so nice that when she let go and slid off my back I had to sigh.