My Past Is Following Me Chapter Three

Hey readers!  Sorry that this took me an extra day to upload.  I was swamped with homework and then had to go babysit.  But here is Chapter three and please please please vote and comment!  I could really use the advice!  plus tell me if you like the pics of the characters so far!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP: Em and I drove to  my house and lugged in all the bags and went to my room to start packing.  I decided that I would bring all my new clothes but I also wanted to bring my old clothes just in case I wanted to mix and match.  We packed up my photos and books and diary.  By the time we were done it was almost 10 so I just told Em that she could stay the night that way we could have one last sleepover before I left.

“Hey Anna.  You awake?”

“I am now.  Whats up?”

“I just wanted to say thanks.  For being my friend I mean.  I am really gonna miss you and your smart ass comments to all the teachers.”  I could hear the smile in her voice as well as some tears. 

“Well you will just have to take my place and be sure to raise at least a little bit of hell while I’m gone.”

“I will.”  she yawned.  “I promise.”

“Goodnight Em.”

“Night Anna.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 3

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I tried to slap the snooze button on my alarm clock like they did in the movies but it didn’t work out like I planed.  I ended up slapping my hand on the table and I was jolted out of that in-between sleep and awake state from the pain.

“SHOOT!”  I heard Em still snoring away next to me so I got up and decided to make the whole house breakfast.  In the house was Gina, her two adopted kids George and Lacey, there was me, and for the night Em. 

I started to get the ingredients for pancakes out when I heard someone come up behind me.  I turned around to see Emily with her behead and sleep still in her eyes. 

“Morning!” I said.  I might have been a little too chipper judging by the look of annoyance on her face. 

“Morning.  What are you so happy about?”  She asked her voice still husky from sleep.

“Duh.  Em.  I’m going to England today!”  I almost dropped the eggs onto the floor as I started bouncing up and down.

“Ugh.  Don’t remind me.  I’m gonna miss you too much Anna!”

“Well lets eat first and cry about leaving later ok?  I want this to be a happy morning!”

“Sure.  Ok.”

I turned around and started to make the pancakes.  Sure they were from Bisquick mix but I mean, seriously, who does pancakes better than Bisquick?  The smell of breakfast got the others slowly out of their bedrooms.  After we ate I went to get a shower and get dressed.  Em helped me pick out a cute pair of brown cords and a flowery print baby doll T-shirt.  I definitely didn’t look like the old me but I felt like if I was going to fit in and make a good impression at this school I needed to look the part. 

When I packed my toothbrush, the last item that needed to be packed, I had two trunks and four suitcases filled with clothes, books, photos, my pillow and my small brown bear that my father bought for me when I was born. 

At promptly 8 o’clock a black SUV pulled into our driveway. 

DING DONG

“ILL GET IT!!!!”  I yelled but by the time I got to the door I was greeted with my entire family and a very fine young man who looked to be in about his twenties. 

“Miss Hayes.  My name is Adam and I will be your escort to the school.” 

Wow his voice made him even hotter!  I mean seriously!  I didn’t think it could get better than the blonde hair, blue eyes, and the obvious muscles under the suit but...SWOON!  His voice was like velvet!  Em and I just looked at each other with our mouths open until someone clearing their throat brought us out of our trance.

“Oh. Sorry.  I Annabelle Hayes but you can call me Anna.” 

“Well then Anna I’m sorry to say this but we don’t have much time for goodbyes because our flight leaves in an hour.  If you could just direct me to your room I would be happy to fetch you bags for you.”

“Ok.  My room is the last door down that hallway on the right.”  I directed him to my room and when he started to walk away I turned my attention to my makeshift family.  “I am really gonna miss you guys!” 

We all hugged and made promises to stay in touch with letters and phone calls and emails that I knew probably wouldn’t come.  Em was the only one I was sure who would stay in contact with me.  We were all hugging so much we didn’t even realize that this Adam guy had already taken all of my bags and loaded them into the car. 

“Excuse me.  Miss Hayes we really must get going.”  He said and turned and walked out the door to hop in the driver seat of the SUV.  I turned to Em one last time and hugged her with tears in my eyes which was new for my because I rarely cried in front of anybody.

“Oh Em.  Im gonna miss you so much!  Promise to call me everyday and we will text and email constantly.  Remember?  Were Best Friends Forever.”  I said.  My voice cracking half way through. 

“Of course Anna!  Im gonna miss you so much too!  Your like my sister that I never got to have!  Text me when you land safe and sound in England and make sure to send me pics of all the hot English guys you meet over there ok?”  I laughed at her last comment, wiped my eyes, turned for one last wave and quickly made my way over to the passenger door of the car.

I hopped in and Adam just looked at me with pity in his eyes.  “Are you ok?”  He asked.

“Yeah.  Fine.  I just got really attached to them and I know being a foster kid and all I shouldn’t get attached but I just spent so long there and I got to know everyone so well and...”  I stopped rambling and looked out the window with tears in my eyes.  I was silent the rest of the drive to the air port and only started to move again when Adam told me to get up because we had a plane to catch.

“Hey Adam.  Where is my luggage going?”  I asked in a quiet voice.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and we started walking.  I wonder how he knew I needed that physical contact to get me to start moving to the plane.

“My boss made arrangements to have it shipped to your new room separately.” 

“Oh. Ok.”

We walked through the air port to a small loading dock where the woman just smiled and nodded at Adam and we were let through. 

“Hey don’t we need tickets to get on a plane?”

“Anna this is a private plane.  My boss is...wealthy and likes to travel so sometimes we use this plane for special errands.”

Well that was elusive at best.  I could tell something weird was going on here but I just couldn’t put my finger on it and it was frustrating the hell out of me!  I was normally so good at this type of thing.  Figuring out what was amiss in a situation, sensing if someone was behind me.  This was all just weird. 

We stepped through the door to the plane and Adam took his arm from around my shoulders.  I stopped and let my jaw hit the floor as I took in my surroundings.  The plane was all dark wood and white leather interior.  There was a small kitchen and a sofa.  There were regular seats that had a small television on the back of each head rest and there was a large screen plasma mounted to the front wall of the cabin.   When I was done looking around me in awe I realized there was a small woman who looked to be in her mid forties early fifties sitting in one of the seats.

She had her slightly graying hair in a bun, pearls around her neck and a power suit on.  You could tell right away that this was a woman of business. 

“Ah.  Miss Hayes.  So glad you could make it!  Please sit down!  Im Miss Scarlet.”  She said.  Her voice was soft but commanded that you listen to her at the same time. 

“Um Im sorry but how do you know my name?” I asked still apprehensive about the whole situation.

“Anna, we know everything about you from your family history, to grades, to how many schools you have been in to you black belt in martial arts.  That last one is why you are here.  You see miss Hayes, I represent Mr. Wilkenson.  As he gets more famous the more dangerous it is for him to be out in public alone.  I have hire and body guard for him called a far guard that just follows him but every time I bring up trying to get him a near guard he just shoots down the idea.”

“Ok.  But I still don’t understand what this has to do with me and do you me Jake Wilkenson?  The famous actor?  The teen gladiator slash prince Jake Wilkenson?”  I asked kind of blind sided by everything she had just said to me. 

“Yes Anna, that Wilkenson.  As for what it has to do with you we have been looking for a teenage girl who can defend herself and somebody else while still being able to be undercover as his...well as his girlfriend.”

“WHAT?!?!”  I looked at her like she had gone mad.  This was CRAZY!  Absolutely loco!  And how did she find me?  I mean seriously me of all people.  The bad girl.  The rebel who had gotten herself kicked out of ten schools.

“Anna please.  Consider it.  You are our last hope.  He needs to be kept safe and one guard can’t do that!  I have already talked to him about the idea of having a girl near guard to pose as his girlfriend and he said he wouldn’t mind that.  It would give him a chance to brush up on his romantic acting skills.”  She laughed like this was some sort of joke.

“Are you serious?  So this isn’t a scholarship to some fancy school; This is a bodyguard job?”  I asked

“Well you still will be going to the school but you will be in all the same classes as Jake, share a room with Jake, and basically never leave his side.”

I just sat there stunned.  I wasn’t sure how long I sat there quietly thinking about this proposal  but when I looked at my watch I had apparently been sitting there for twenty minutes. 

“Fine.  Ill do it.  BUT!  I am not promising that it will work out.  Contrary to my new appearance I have quiet the...abrasive personality.”

Miss Scarlet sat there beaming from ear to ear for quite a while but eventually got bored with me and went to go watch T.V. or something.  I feel asleep because I had a headache from my brian trying to absorb everything that just happened but when I woke up we were stopped, on the ground, and in England.

==============================================================================

so Im gonna go out on a limb and say that you are gonna hate me cause Adam is only going to be in a few scenes throught the entire book but don't worry more hot guys to come I promise!!!  As well as new drama with the bodyguardie.  ;)  HAHAHAHA  Please vote and comment I am trying to get atleast three vote or two comments before I post the next chapter so plese don't make me stop writing!