Chapter 18 : Confessions

================================================================

RECAP

“They said that she was cured.  They let her out Max.  She didn’t escape.”  My voice was quiet but firm as I told him about he letter I received telling me that she had been released. 

Max slid down the wall and thumped onto the floor.  I slid down next to him and we just sat.  We thought about what might happen.  We understood that nothing needed to be said right now.  I closed my eyes and let my head fall back against the wall.

“What are we going to do?”

================================================================

Anna’s POV

“Knock, knock.”  Emily walked through the door to my room and came over to give me a light hug.  I smiled and hugged her back.  I had missed her like crazy while I had been gone.

“So whats up?  Jack said you needed me?”  I smiled and patted the bed next to me.  She climbed in and I grabbed to remote to the small t.v. that was positioned on the wall.  I looked at the clock.  It was three o’clock and time for out Charmed reruns on TNT. 

I turned to TNT and the screen showed Piper, Pheobe, and Paige.  They were some kick butt witches. 

“I wonder which one this is.”  I said.

“Its the one where they switch bodies.  You remember!  We watch this one when you were sick with strep-throat. “  Em and I smiled at that memory.  Every time one of us would get sick we would go over to the other’s house and have a re-run marathon of one of our favorite shows. 

We settled back and soon became engrossed in the plot line.  Sure it wasn’t the most complex of shows but it was funny as heck and was entertaining.  We watched two episodes before I became groggy.

“Anna.  Just go to sleep.  I can tell that you are tired.”  Em smirked and hopped of the bed only to take up position in the chair next to my bed.

“But I .... YAWN... don’t want to sleep.”  I curled up in my bed with my head on my pillow and soon drifted off into the blissful darkness of sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~One Week Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nurse helped me into a large black wheel chair.  I was being discharged today and I was so excited to get back home.  The hospital was so clean and sterile and hospitals will always hold bad memories for me. 

I was wheeled up to the front desk where I saw Jack waiting for me.  His brown hair was tousled and it looked like he had bed head.  I was so jealous that his bed head could look that great.  ANYWAYS...  He walked over to me and planted a kiss on my forehead.  Oh how I missed those lips. 

“Hey.”  His voice was quiet but happy.  I smiled at him. 

“Hey to you.”  He chuckled his deep, rumbling laugh and took the handles of the wheel chair from the nurse.

“Can’t I walk?  These things always make me feel so weak.”  I whined.  He smiled and kissed the top of my head. 

“No you can’t walk because there are a lot of people and cameras outside and I don’t want you to get pushed and hurt.”  I groaned.  I looked like crap.  I didn’t have any makeup on except for some foundation and mascara and my hair was up in a messy ponytail.  I was in my grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt.  I looked like I was just lounging around the house.  I didn’t want my picture taken like this!

The closer we got to the doors the louder the commotion out side got.  I could hear the screams of his fans proclaiming their love for him out side the sliding doors.  We walked through and were bombarded my people holding out microphones and blinding flashes of cameras.  I heard Jack say ‘No comment.’ to every reporter we passed.  When we finally made it to the car the driver opened the door and Jack picked me up bridal style and gently placed me in the car.  He slid in next to me and shut the door.

“Jeez!  It’s not like I’m a cripple... and whats the big deal with me getting shot anyways?  I mean I didn’t die, I’m not in a comma.  Seriously, those reporters need to take a chill pill.”  I crossed my arms the best I could with one in a sling and pushed my lower lip out into a pout. 

Jack chuckled at my expression.  “Anna.  You are the girlfriend of a celebrity who got shot to save her boyfriends life.  That’s a pretty big deal...”  He smiled at me.  I could see the gratefulness in his eyes.  I snuggled myself under his arm and curled up with my head on his chest.

“I would do it again any day.  Jack, can I tell you something?”  He looked at me and smiled.

“Sure, whats up?”

“Jack, I don’t say things like this because I was told not to get attached.  That’s how I was brought up.  I didn’t have a steady place but Jack I - I...  I love you.”  I hid my face in his chest.  I could feel the blush heating up my face to the point where I probably looked like a tomato. 

He grabbed my face in his hands and gently brought my face up so I was looking him in the eyes. 

“Anna.  I love you too.  And don’t you forget it.  I wont leave you.  I promise.”  He kissed my lips.  Oh how I had missed them.  We pulled away after a few minutes, both out of breath but happy as ever.  My lips were numb and I was tired.  I curled up into his chest again and closed my eyes.

“I love you.” And with that I feel asleep.