Chapter 14

Ashlyn's POV-

I smiled slightly.

"Hey." I said, taking out an earbud.

"Why?" Niall said, looking at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you kiss me?" He asked.

"Oh." I looked down, turning red.

"I couldn't help myself." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself..."

"No, I didn't hear you."

"I said, I couldn't help myself." I whispered.

"Tell me, Ashlyn." He said sternly.

"Ugh, I couldn't help myself, okay? I like kissing you. Happy?" I blurted. I slapped my hand over my mouth.

"I-uh...hm." He said, shutting his mouth.

"Way for me to make it awkward." I said.

"Y-you didn't." He started, "I just wasn't expecting you to say that." He said. Now it was his turn to blush.

I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to embarrass myself anymore than I already had.

"Tell me about yourself." Niall said suddenly.

"Em, okay. What do you wanna know?"

"Well, first tell me the basics. Do you have a middle name?"

"Wait. How about we do it this way? You ask a question, we both tell the answer. Tay way we both know the answer to the question about the other person." I suggested. He nodded.

"Okay. So, middle name?"

"Maeve."

"James."

"Favorite color?"

"Purple."

"Green."

"Parents together or divorced?"

"Divorced." We say at the same time.

"Were either of your parents abusive?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"No. Were either of yours?" He asked. I nodded slowly. His face softened.

"I'm sorry, Ashlyn. No one deserves to go through that." He said. Woah. I didn't know Niall had it in him to be nice to me.

"It's okay." I said quietly.

"You wanna talk about it?" He coaxed.

"Not unless you want me a sopping wet, crying mess."

"I actually hate seeing girls cry." He said sheepishly. I gasped.

"Seriously?"

"I'm not gonna go all sappy on you." He snapped. Back to the cocky bastard I know so well...

"Well then." I said. Everything was fine, until I brought up the fact of me crying. My fault. Yet again.

"Well, I guess I'll go now." I said, getting up.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't like being snapped at." I said.

"But I was enjoying our conversation." He said.

"Doubt it." I said, laughing sarcastically. I've never been so confident.

"No, Ashlyn. I'm serious. I want to finish this conversation." He sounded stern.

"You just want to play me, like every other guy in the universe. I'm not a toy, and I don't enjoy being played." I blurted.

"Guys played you before?" He asked.

"Yes, and you will too. I know you will. Every guy who has showed interest in me, has played me. And I do not enjoy it."

"I would ne-"

"That's what every guy said. 'Oh, Ashlyn, baby, I would never do that.' Well, guess what? It's bullshit. That's right, bullshit. I hate the male race. And I believe being raped at 13 counts for that." I slapped both my hands over my mouth. I went too far. I hate when I do that...

"Y-you were... raped?" He asked with wide eyes. I nodded with my hands still over my mouth.

"By... Jeremy? That freshman?" He asked. I uncovered my mouth, fighting my tears.

"He wasn't a freshman." I said quietly, "He was-" I couldn't finish my sentence. Although deep in my heart who Jeremy was.

"Jeremy was my first boyfriend, the first person outside my family that I truly loved. And he abused me too." I said. A tear rolled down my cheek, and I quickly brushed it away.

"Ashlyn..." He said, opening his arms. I immediately folded into them. He pulled me onto his lap. I lay my head his shoulder as tears spilled over my lower lashes.

"Ashlyn. Look at me." Niall said. I looked up at him, and he reached his hand out. He cupped my face in his hands, and wiped the tears from cheeks.

"I'm so, so, so very sorry you had to go through that." He said.

He slid me off his lap, letting me re-adjust myself.

I wiped under my eyes before looking back up at Niall.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?" He asked.

"For letting me cry even though you hate seeing girls cry." I said, giggling.

"Eh, whatever. Just don't tell anyone I told you I hate seeing girls cry. If you do, I will plot your murder." He said playfully, but also seriously.

"You wouldn't kill me." I said, giggling again.

"You have no idea what I am capable of." He said, his eyes glistening with mischief. My eyes widened slightly. He laughed loudly.

"I'm not gonna murder anyone." He said, chuckling. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, this was a nice chat. I should get going." He said.

"If you're leaving, I'm leaving."

"Not gonna follow me, eh?"

"We're going to the same place anyway!" I exclaimed.

"I know, Ashlyn." He said smiling at me. He bit his lip, and looked away.

"What?" I asked stupidly.

"I just really-" He cut himself off.

"You want to wh-" I started, but could not finish, for he kissed me. I basically melted. His lips were so soft, and so warm, and they fit to mine almost perfectly. Or so it felt to me. The only thing stopping me from falling on the floor were his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. My arms eventually found their way around his neck and I pulled him slightly closer to me.

He pulled away first, and I was tempted to kiss him once again. I dropped my arms from his neck, but he pulled them back to where they had been.

"I-" I started, but he placed his finger over my lips.

"Do not speak of this to anyone." He said before dropping his arms from my waist and walking away.

What the hell?

*********

A/N:

Hey guys !

LONG CHAPTER, your welcome.

So, Nashlyn drama, eh ? Hope you guys like this chapter, as I hope you don't think that I'm moving this story too fast.

Love you guys !

~~cutebug15~~