Chapter 2

I woke with a start. My mothers voice bounced off the walls of the large, empty rooms.

"ASHLYN MAEVE BYWATER." She yelled, "Get down here or I will personally drag you out of bed."

Knowing she was serious, I forced the warm comforter off my body, and stumbled to my closet. I changed into the first thing I came across that remotely matched, and headed out down the hall. I adjusted my glasses, and called to my mother that I was coming.

I was still overly groggy after being forced from my sleep. I blinked rapidly to wake myself a bit more. My mother stood there, looking angry. I must have overslept longer than I thought I had.

"Ashlyn. You said you would be up and awake before the moving trucks got here. Yet here we are, you have overslept by three hours and twelve minutes. What happened?"

I was at a loss for words. I honestly didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell her about my book. She would lose it if I told her it was because I got caught up in my reading.

"I-I...uh..." I stuttered.

"You were reading again weren't you?" She said sternly. I bit my lip. It was an old habit of mine.

"You were! Ashlyn, this is getting a wee bit out of hand. I can't believe I am saying this, but you need to read a little less. It's messing with your sleep patterns. Now, go eat some toast, and then wrap up your make-shift bed so we can go to the new house." She said, authoritatively.

I grabbed a piece of toast, as she said, and went into my used-to-be room, and packed up my comforter and blow-up mattress.

Around a half hour later, I threw my bags in the trunk of my car, and began to drive the long trek to my new house.

*** *** ***

Two days later, every box was in its designated room, every bed was set up, and the moving trucks were gone.

Around 9pm, I crawled into my bed. I was exhausted. This move was taking a toll on me. I missed my old house, my old friends, even my old school. I closed my eyes, transporting myself mentally back to my old house. I felt myself slipping into sleep when the small voice in my head began to chant:

School starts in two days.

Great. No sleep tonight then.

I turned on my music through my headphones, praying that would help me sleep, and dream of anything but that dreaded place.

School.

*********

A/N:

Hey guys !!! How'd ya like it ?? I hope it was good :/ I felt like a decent writer today lol

Anywho, this is kind of like what happened to me but a bit different. I moved from city to country, school started the day right after I moved in, but I actually did try to mentally transport myself back to my old house, room, city.

Speaking of cities, Relbon and Lanson Texas DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST. Just thought you should know. ;)

I will try to update as much as I can, but I am also trying to keep this from my parents. SO. That being said, please don't get mad at me when I don't update. It will make me very sad. :'(

Hope you still like my crappy writing !!

~~cutebug15~~