Ch.5 Clash of the past

Lee's POV

"Heeeeey! Good morning" Pepper greeted me while nudging my shoulder, pulling me away from my deep thought. She's sitting between Pheb and me, unfortunately.

She came earlier thanusual because it's our Engineering Math 2 subject, which means that hergirlfriend, Heather Lewis is our teacher. She gets punishment from her whenevershe's late

"Hey" I simply said while resting my face on my right palm.

We're not classmates when we're in freshman year. Now we are because she requested it from the Dean so that all student council members will have the same schedule and won't find it difficult to attend meetings.

I've been out of focus since the day that I met Hera. There's something odd with her but I can't tell what it is. She makes me curious and I've never been this way to anyone before.

"Did you do the assignment?" she asked me sweetly which made me frown at her.

I'm sure she didn't and she wants to copy mine. I'm about to tell her that I don't want to when she spoke again.

"I already answered the problem from 1-3, but 4-5 is quite difficult and I don't want to bother Heather with this, plus it's unfair for everyone if she helps me with this" she explained which surprised me.

"Well, that's a surprise! I wonder what miracle happened that you finally did your assignment?" I said smirking.

"I just don't want to be too much of a burden to Heather," she said before snatching my assignment paper from my table.

Lately, I've been hearing rumors about her that the only reason why she's passing on Heather's subject is because they are lovers. That is not true at all, she's actually smart but too lazy to listen and study. She excels in different subjects and she can really pass math if she gives her heart to it.

"You know, my gaydar is telling me that Andy Foster is gay," she said after a while.

"What makes you think of that?" I asked curiously. I'm not good at identifying people's sexual orientation. I can never tell if it's not obvious, or if they won't tell me.

"He gives off that vibe. He talks and acts like a real straight man but I can smell his gills, he's gay I'm sure" she pointed out which amused me.

"I hope you won't share your observation of him with anyone. I mean, if he's really gay, then it's obvious that he's hiding it" I said thoughtfully but she just rolled her eyes at me in response.

"Helloo? We're in St. Bernadette, this school is basically for gay people. There's nothing to hide in here—" I cut her off when Heather finally arrived.

She's very strict and there are no friends or lovers when it comes to her class. She started with her usual good morning greeting and pass your assignments at once dialogue. Actually, only half of our class excels in math, and the assignments are intended for students that are not good at it. In this way, they can compensate for their failed quizzes and examinations.

Also, students that are not good in her subject are required to perfect their attendance while the good ones can skip up to five classes during the whole semester. Her rule is actually nice and made a positive impact on all of us.

She started her class afterwards. Our topic for today is the Binomial Theorem and Expansions, and it's very easy. I glanced at Pepper and shook my head because she looked really in love, she's like daydreaming while I'm feeling bored right now.

***

"Are you sure that this is just a typo error?" I asked Andy suspiciously while showing him the student list that their school gave to us a month ago where Hero's name was written.