Ch.6 Herophobic

A/N: Hello gays! I am going to update this book monthly. I suggest to re-read the first few chapters to refresh your memories. Enjoy! ♥

Hera's POV

I am sitting alone on the bench while watching other students play basketball. Andy is in the library along with the other exchange students. Reviewing makes me sleepy all the time so I ditched them again.

"Crappy players" I muttered between laughing because they all looked like waddling penguins while dribbling the ball.

"What's up Skinny?" I frowned upon hearing Pepper's voice behind me.

"Skinny? Wow, you're one to talk" I sneered at her after looking at her from head to toe. Our build is almost the same, I am just a bit taller than her.

"Instead of laughing at those crappy girls, why don't we play one-on-one? The loser will pay five hundred bucks" she proposed ecstatically.

"What the heck? Gambling is not allowed here, right? You wrote it yourself in the school manual" I scowled at her.

"I did write it, but I didn't expect you to be stingy and boring," she complained while making a face, as if refusing to gamble with her is a big deal.

"I am not!" I protested but she just snorted at me.

I really can't believe that she's the President of the student council when she's this irresponsible. I don't understand why Lee respects her so much. My eyes widened when an idea suddenly came up.

"Alright, let's make a fair bet" I gave in after a moment. She grinned in victory before sitting beside me.

I moved a bit away because she was so close to me that I could already smell her perfume. I usually like it when a woman sits close to me but she's a lesbian so she doesn't count.

"I'll give you five hundred bucks if you win, but if I win, you will help me get closer to Lee" I proposed.

"Oh my, you like Lee!" she blurted in surprise so I covered her mouth to shut her up.

"Shhh! Keep it a secret!" I whispered. I released her mouth when she nodded in understanding.

"Did you eat mayonnaise earlier?" she asked while sticking her tongue out in disgust.

"I ate a tuna sandwich" I corrected her. "Keep this a secret between us okay?"

"Of course! I value your trust. Even though we're not that close" she replied with a serious expression on her face. I applaud the dedication to convince me, but it's not effective.

"Why do I feel like you can't keep a secret? Anyhow, if someone finds out about this, it will only come from you. If that happens, I will immediately report to the dean that you forced me to gamble with you" I threatened her but it doesn't seem like she cares.

"Did you know that I almost died thrice?" She boasted and it made me frown.

Weird flex, but okay.

"What's that got to do with what I just said?" I asked confusedly.

"Nothing. I just want you to know that I don't care even if you report this to the owner of the school. Nothing scares me, my child," she said cockily before releasing an evil laugh.

She looks so funny right now, she's like a cartoon character with a weird way of talking and laughing. She suddenly stopped when her phone rang.

I shook my head in disbelief when I heard the We wish you a merry Christmas song. We're only at the beginning of the school year. She's too excited about the holiday.