Chapter 15

https://www.gofundme.com/f/qrekw-for-my-family   -- Hi everyone. Sorry its been long since my last update, but I've been going through some tough times. I made a Gofundme because my family is struggling to keep our home. If you can please and only if you can donate or share my Gofundme. I could really use the help. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diana's P.O.V.

I held my hands up before my eyes, setting my backpack down on the ground looking over the area before me. It was beautiful crystal-clear waters by a waterfall, hiking paths, a clearing surrounded with flowers. I exhaling softly, I smiled. This seemed like a perfect place to set up camp.

I ran a little ahead of everyone, getting a little excited. I could hear Adrian warning her to be careful from behind her.

"Be careful not to trip!"

"I know!"

I slide to a stop before the clearing that bordered the lake and inhaled deeply, my eyes gleaming as I stared out on the water. Megan giggled, putting a hand on her shoulder and redirecting me to the clearings.

"Tents first. Then you go swimming," she said.

A soft pout settled on my face. "Fine..." I said.

I followed them to the spot, Adrain and Owen gathering the fabric into place and hitting the pegs into the ground. My eyes kept glancing back to the water. With a soft grin, I snuck off, creeping towards the water.

After slapping a mosquito off my leg, I remove my socks and shoes, heading right into the water. The water was so clear you could see the bottom. Fish swam around me, kissing at my toes as I went down deeper. Swimming around, I noticed a small sparkle down below. I tilted my head, holding my nose and sinking, my eyes locking onto a necklace. I tried to grab it but it slipped through my fingers. After going up for air, I headed down again, grabbing with more precision this time.

I emerge from the water, dirt flowing off the necklace and back into the water. The gem on the necklace shined as it entered the light of day once more. I gasped softly, finding it almost mesmerizing to look at. The waterfall was splashing down behind me and I nearly didn't hear Megan calling me back towards the shore. As I pulled myself out of the water, I heard Megan's voice again.

"You just couldn't wait, could you?"

I shook my head as my grin grew wide. "You'll never believe what I found."

Adrain and Owen stopped what they were doing and headed over to me so that I could show them what I had found.

"What did you find?" Megan asked.

I held out the beautiful silver necklace with shinning yellow gems reflecting on the sun's rays.

"You found this under the lake?" Adrain asked as he took the necklace to look at it closely.

"Are the gems real?" Owen asked.

Adrain handed the necklace back to me.

"Those gems are the real deal."

"What idiot would go swimming with that!?" Megan shouted.

Adrian and Diana shared a glance at one another. "Dumb rich girls with no sense of knowing what's right."

Megan laughed. "You both are just brutal!"

"Honesty can be brutal love," Owen said with a slight chuckle.

The rest of the day went on peaceful with me and Megan swimming while the Adrain and Owen prepared for dinner. The sun was setting creating a beautiful color of violet and orange painted across the sky. Soon after it became dark with the sky filled with shining stars that you couldn't see in the city. When dinner was done, I sat next to Adrain as we talked about some funny moments in our childhood. I told him the story of how on Amora's birthday a swan crash-landed in her cake having the landing on her new dress. Adrain laughed almost choking on his chicken.

Suddenly the wind picked up and I caught the scent of rouges close by. Adrain caught the sent to with Megan and Owen nodding in silence.

A few rogues appeared out growling at everyone. I starred as Megan and Owen moved close to me since protecting me is their main priority.

Adrian growled loudly, anger boiled and before I knew it, he'd transformed into his black dragon baring his large fangs to the wolves.

The rogues, however, attacked with no hesitation. Adrian attacked back. I and Megan watched. I was in shock at the display of violence. Adrian was battling pretty much an unfair battle showing he could still even terrify the smallest large number to a small number of enemies before him. Tearing them to pieces till none were left.

After the fight ended some rogues were killed while only two retreated away, Adrian changed back not even showing and a hint of tiredness. He walked back over pulling me tightly into his arms inhaling my scent to calm down. I gently wrapped my arms around his neck nuzzling it making him instantly relax. Seeing Adrain take down those rouges with no effort was scary but also bewitching to even look away.