Chapter 4

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."

Lucille Ball

Third Person's P.O.V.

Intense brown eyes stared back onto Diana's golden-brown eyes causing her to take a step back as she could feel immense power coming from the mysterious man before her. The man growled loudly that even the earth started to shake. Diana stopped moving in fear she might be killed. She knew that this person had to be a dragon because no other werewolf but the Alpha King could make the earth shake with just a growl. However, this growl seemed more powerful, but also was holding back it's true power.

Diana bowed her head showing submission. "I'm sorry for walking around without permission. I just needed some fresh air." She said softly looking down at the ground as if it was the only thing interesting.

Diana's wolf Bell kept shouting in her head the word "MATE" over and over again.

"Look at me." The man said.

Diana looked back up not wanting to have him use his royal command on her. Her eyes landing back onto his as she could feel pull inside her. The man took a step forward into the light where the moon shined brightly. At that one moment, everything stopped. The overpowering smell of mint and chocolate filled Diana's nose making her shiver in delight. This man was her mate and also a dragon. Having a better look at him she could see that he was about 6'5 feet tall with midnight black hair. Broad shoulders and chest that looked so good in his tux. He had a strong jawline with beautiful full lips. Everything about him just screamed sex appeal.

The man noticed Diana checking him out which lead him to smirk causing Diana to blush and look back down.

"Don't look down my little rose. I want to still look at your beautiful face." He said moving closer to Diana placing his index finger under her chin lifting her head up gently. "After all you are my mate."

His voice was husky making Diana shiver once more. The man smirked more loving the reaction he was getting out of her.

"S-so my mate is a dragon. Does that mean you work under that dragon king? I mean, of course, you do! Why would I ask a stupid question like that?"

The man just pulled Diana into his embrace as his strong arms held her close to his body with him inhaling her sweet scent. Not knowing what to do in this situation, Diana wrapped her arms around his neck slowly enjoying the comfort and the feeling of safety in his arms. At this time all the words her pack and sister would say just washed away because at this moment her mate wasn't rejecting her nor was, he disgusted. The moment shared was quickly ruined when the bells started to ring out indicating that the dragon king was now about to show up.

Diana quickly pulled away from her mates embrace."I'm sorry! But I have to go now. I was told that every female must be present to meet the dragon king even if I already found my mate."

"It's all right my little rose. Go. I will see you inside shortly." He said before leaving Diana alone.

Diana smiled happy that she now found her mate but was sad that she had to leave him because of the king. She sighed making her way back to the ballroom where all the girls were at. Not caring for what the dragon king looked like all she could think of was her handsome mate. She started to wonder where he could have gone to.