Chapter 13

"Surrounded by the flames of jealousy, the jealous one winds up, like the scorpion, turning the poisoned sting against himself." – Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself, Love possesses not nor would it be possessed: For love is sufficient unto love." – Kahlil Gibran

After the talk with Megan, Diana walked. That pit of worry still sunk her stomach. She was jealous, yes, but she was still worried. Her lover with a girl that held feelings for him, it was only honest feelings to worry and be jealous.

Diana walked outside to the garden taking the backway from the royal library to clear her mind. Bell kept growling in her head cursing that girl if she ever dares to touch their mate. Diana had to reassure her wolf that nothing was going to happen even if her gut feeling was making her think of many wrong possibilities that could happen. It's never a good thing when someone else has feelings for their mate.

"There you are," Adrian's voice startled Diana. She met his eyes as he approached her after the long talk. Diana cast her gaze away, a pout now plastered on her face. Adrian saw and chuckled and stood in front of her.

"What's with the pout my little rose?"

Diana said nothing. The feeling had depleted now that Lu was away from him but seeing him listen to her and say to go with Lu to talk made the feeling stays, not to mention Megan and her words.

"Diana?"

"Nothing...," she sighed playing with her hair. Adrian knew better though. That pout she gave when something she doesn't like happens, yes, he knew it. Adrian held Diana's face in his hand, having his lover look at him.

"Something is wrong, little rose," he smiled. "Could it be."

"DON'T you say it," she glared. Adrian smirked and rubbed her cheek and chuckle. Only for his words to come out in a deep coo that sent a shiver up her spine.

"Jealous~"

Diana turns away from her mate, cheeks flaring red from his voice. Damn him and his teasing. Why does he do that with his voice!?

"Well, ~?" Adrian chuckled, "My little rose is jealous~ How adorable~"

"B-Be quiet!"

"Nope~ Never~!" He laughed as Diana's face turned shades darker of red.

For the rest of the day, Adrain teased Diana on and on about how cute her jealousy was and how it made him feel loved. Diana wanted to tease him back telling him if someone was to hit on her only for it to backfire with Adrian's eyes turning dark making it clear that he would burn that person to ashes if that ever happens. Although that dark look in his eyes did give Diana an exciting feeling rushing through her body. Adrain felt that rush thanks to the mate bond and decided to have some alone time with Diana in which she had no complaints.

****

"Diana, do you think werewolves are faster than dragons in a race?" Megan asked being completely random while they were studying for a test while Adrain was with Owen investigating more into the whole demi fox god situation.

"Why must you be so random? And how would I know? Wolves are fast, but I don't think they are faster than a dragon that can fly."

Megan stood up with a hint of excitement flashing through her eyes.