Chapter 8

"You will catch the fox with cunning, and the wolf with courage." – Albanian

Diana's P.O.V. 

I couldn't believe my eyes. There standing before me in all its beauty is a fox with 3 long fluffy tails. Beautiful snow-white fur that shined in the glow of those strange blue lights that looked small blue flames following around its beautiful figure. Could this be one of the foxes that all packs have been talking about? What was this fox doing here? In the reports, the fox only appears when they are about to attack! Don't tell me it's here to do just that!?  

"Diana!" Bell shouted grabbing my attention. "Look what that fox is standing on." 

Adverting my eyes from the beautiful creature my gaze fell to where Bell was suggesting. Under its paws was a big black figure with blood oozing out from its body. Getting a closer look, I covered my mouth in horror. Under the foxes' paw was a dragon! A dead dragon! How could this be? This is bad! I need to get out of here fast! Every sense in my body is telling me if I take on this fox I might not live. Glowing gold eyes now landing on my brown eyes looking down at me with such intense power. What is this? This power is beyond that of the dragon king!  

"Diana, we need to head back now. Drago is telling me that Adrain is getting worried because he can't find us!" Bell informed with panic mixed with her words. Without the mate mark, I can certainly feel from here the worry and anger from Adrian. Is this what they call true love at the work? Okay! Not the time for this! 

I wanted to take one final look at the fox but the fox was gone. Something is going on and this meeting I hear that's going to happen might explain more. Wanting to take a final look at the fox I turn back only to see the dead dragon. 

"Where did that fox go...?" 

~ ~ ~ 

"So, let me get this straight. You saw glowing lights coming from the forest and decide to follow them all alone!?" Adrian boomed shaking the castle walls. His power made me flinch stepping back fearing I might be hurt.  

Even with Adrain's dragon power "pleasantly" shown I have to be truthful on this. His power doesn't match that of that fox I saw. 

"Please let me explain. This might be hard to believe but those glowing lights belong to a fox! I saw a fox with 3 long fluffy tails. It was standing on top of a dead dragon!"  

After I had explained everything that I saw in the woods to Adrian he ordered his men to search the woods to find the corpse of the dragon. Not long after did Owen and his team came back with the look of shock and terror.  

"My king." Owen began. "The dragon corps we happen to find belongs to none other than Victor Abel. He is wanted for murdering humans. But that's not all." 

"What do you mean?" Adrain asked taking my hands in his. 

"We searched further into the woods and found many corpses of hunters. I looked through their remains and found out they have been planning on attacking tonight during the party when you would announce Diana as our queen. Victor being part of it." 

Oh my god...So a raid with hunters and one killer dragon was about to happen if it wasn't for that fox killing them!? I could have died tonight! 

"What of the fox?" Adrain asked. 

Owen shook his head. "I'm sorry king. We searched the ground and the skies. There was no sign of the fox anywhere." 

This is all too crazy. How that fox be nowhere to be found? Can it teleport wherever it wants to go? It makes me wonder if that fox knew what those hunters and what Victor was planning and stopped it before anything could happen. The only question is why? In the reports, every fox that is mention always goes after bad packs and rouges. Why is that!? 

"Bring back the bodies so we can identify them all. That way we know what type of hunters they are." 

I just sat here while Adrain was giving out orders left and right. He made sure to tell his general to change the schedules for the guards. Every staff now must be on high alert all the time. I never knew giving orders can make him look so damn hot.  

And as if knowing what I'm thinking Adrain looks my way and winks at me causing me to look away blushing.  

"I am proud that we are blessed with such a strong mate," Bell told me. She's not wrong. I still can't believe that I'm mated to the dragon king. Or the fact that we all could have died tonight. Oh my god, it's hitting me now! I could have died tonight! Talk about a close call. 

"My little rose. Why don't you get some rest? We can have a ball next time. I'm sure you must be tired from all this excitement."  

Truly I am blessed to have Adrian as my mate! Now that I think more about it, I have a feeling my sister will be back to ruin things. I got to be prepared. 

"I'll rest. But first. Please mark me."  

Adrain gave me a wide eye look not believing in what I just asked of him. Hell, I can't believe it too. But I know that I need this mind link working in case anything happens to me. I'm not going to be like other girls and wait. My life is far more important than my feelings about being marked at the right moment.  

"Are you sure about this? I thought you wanted to wait?' Adrain said taking my hands into his. 

I smiled. "My feelings are important, but my life is valuable. Feelings come and go but life only comes once."  

With no hesitation left, Adrain pulled me close in his arms kissing deeply. He pulled away giving me one last look before marking me as his.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That wraps up chapter 8!

Don't forget to 

VOTE

COMMENT

AND SHARE

WITH LOVE : LittleCho107