straw-head | luke skywalker | 2/2

a/n: Several people requested that I write a second part, so here it is. I hope you all enjoy it, albeit a little rushed! But please note there will not be a third part to this particular story. I have a lot of requests to finish! 

Gif originally posted by theorganasolo on tumblr.

The entire layout/outline and dialogue for this actually came to me several years ago but I just never used it - and in the original version, it took place during the Clone Wars and featured Anakin and Obi-Wan. But it fit here better, I think. Just as before, some lines in the beginning and throughout are taken straight from the film and therefore do not belong to me, but to Lucasfilm and George Lucas himself. You should be able to figure out which ones if you know the films. 

DO NO REPOST MY WORK. 

summary: After being shot, ridiculed, and nearly being made into a meal for the Dianoga, there are still more obstacles ahead for the reader to face before she can consider her mission complete. When escape finally comes and her wound can be mended, she discovers just how much she's begun to care for the straw-head who shot her in the first place. 

warnings: some wound-related gore, name-calling, possible claustrophobia trigger

word count: 5.4K

music: Crystal Clear by Johannes Bornlöf

  "Don't just stand there, try and brace it with something!" Leia ordered as she lifted a metal beam from beneath the rubble. She called to Han for help and her strength wavered against the awkward length of the pole as it toppled to the left. Chewie grunted and howled as he pushed against the walls with his arms with an intermittent amount of pressure. You watched as Luke scrambled around for something useful, but ended up doing the same as the wookie. Luke knew it wasn't much, but at least he was trying.

You, on the other hand, were oddly quiet. You couldn't believe this was happening.

Your worst fear was coming to life right in front of your eyes; death by enclosure.

It was a phobia you had grappled with since you were a child after a cruel prank had been played on you by the native children in your small village. They had thought it funny to lock you inside of a chilled cargo container in a bogus game of hide and seek that you had been tricked into playing. It had been dreadfully small, dark, and smelled of frozen fish. They hadn't let you out until your screams had turned into cries, pleading for them to free you. In the end, it hadn't even been your friends that had opened the container, but a merchant that had returned to his merchandise to account for everything before the shipment was to be taken off-planet.

When you had been lifted out of the crate and carried home, the crowd of children had all dissipated and returned to their games without you. You remembered how you had equated that cold dark space to a coffin – and how much you had feared never being able to get out.

It was a paralyzing thought.

That incident flashed in your mind as the walls came closer and closer to crushing you alive.

Your eyes flicked to every piece of rubble and trash as it buried your feet little by little until your footing faltered and you fell back against the heap behind you. You tried to grab hold to something to pull yourself up, but nothing was stable enough to withhold your weight. It crumbled and rolled off the pile, splashing into the water.

Luke was talking to someone over his comlink, frantically shouting orders. His voice lulled in and out of your ears and the color of the room paled and darkened. Your lungs began to burn with your rising anxiety, sending every sense available to you into a panic. The voices of your companions were jumbled together as your mind raced and your blood turned cold.