handling it | obi-wan kenobi

a/n: This little story idea came to me when my father and I were playing a Star Wars video game and we were trying to drive these transporters to the next destination - and doing a terrible job. I ran into so many buildings and knocked over so much cargo. So enjoy this spin-off of my own poor piloting skills!  Oh, and...sorry for the poor writing. I've been trying to train myself to not be such a perfectionist and JUST WRITE IT! The ending isn't great, but it's alright enough. And it was 1 AM and I had been trying to find a good ending all day long...so please enjoy! Feedback is greatly appreciated!

And I know that Obi-Wan really is a wonderful pilot, but for the sake of this story and the fact that perhaps he wasn't always so great, I had to write about a sassy, unsure Kenobi behind the panel.

summary: When asked to give the new technicians a tour of the docking bay, Obi-Wan finds himself having to operate a new transporter. Reader attempts to help the Jedi whose discomfort of flying was so widely known - but he is having none of it. He can handle it, right?

warnings: all that poor cargo :/

word count: 2.4 K

music:  Panda Po by Hans Zimmer and John Powell

                                                               ~ * * * ~

"You want us to be tour guides?" Obi-Wan's voice dripped with incredulous shock. He glanced in your direction, hoping to find you just as shocked as he was. Your expression was one of confusion, your eyebrows were drawn together and your mouth was slightly agape. Knowing you felt the same, he now felt more comfortable with questioning the orders you'd both been given. He pressed onward with his master.

"With all due respect, Master Qui-Gon, I do not think showing technicians around the hangar is exactly the sort of thing Jedi are intended to do. I don't see how this will help with our training."

Qui-Gon chuckled, mostly to himself. He knew his padawan well enough to know that he would be suspicious of the task at hand. The truth of the matter was that they were short on anyone who could show the recruits around the docking bay and main hangar. The veterans of the base were preparing for the upcoming trip to Naboo and for the take-off from Coruscant. The council decided that the oldest padawans would be suitable for the job. In short, everyone was busy – except the two of you.

Likewise, there was now a discrepancy in the treaty forum that the Neimoidian people had been ready to offer to the new Queen of Naboo. The council was now in an uproar, trying to make a course of action and to do so quickly, without issuing an all-out battle in the atmosphere above the planet. It was a matter that did not concern the padawans as of yet, even though he himself had no issue in sharing it with the two of you. However, Mace Windu and Kai-Adi-Mundi believed it was an ordeal for the council members, and not their students. He had to be sure to hide all apprehension from his tone and from his countenance, lest either of you suspected the problem or felt his uneasyness.

"You must learn to trust the council, Obi-Wan. Not every lesson deals with meditation and combat skills. Some orders are given to help train you for life, not only for the path of becoming masters," Qui-Gon began, his solemn glance exchanging between the both of you. "And perhaps today will be a good lesson for you to learn to trust your own master. Without question."

"Yes, master." Obi-Wan said, accepting Qui-Gon's reasoning as he realized he was now treading on a thin rope.

"Now, the recruits are waiting outside on the landing strip. They've just come in from the training base on the outskirts of the city. Both of you will take them to the docking bay and hangar, show them the basics, answer any questions, and then take them to their quarters. The other technicians will take it from there. You may use a transporter if you wish."