straw-head | luke skywalker | 1/2

a/n: This is based on the idea requested by nothernlion196. Gif not mine. Some of Han and Leia's lines are from the movie and not my own (Han finding Leia's cell number, Leia about Luke being short, and Han and Leia bickering in the corridor, Han and Leia in the garbage chute, and a couple lines from Luke in the chute are the same as well). They belong to Lucasfilm.

Also, Luke isn't being sexist in the beginning, but rather trying to be a gentleman, like his Aunt Beru taught him. Come after me about it and I'll send the jawas to steal your stuff.

summary: The reader is a member of the Rebellion and has been sent on a solo mission to extract the Princess of Alderaan from her prison aboard an Imperial Star Destroyer. While her missions rarely adopt any mistakes, she couldn't have foreseen the snags in her plan that would come in the form of two moon-jockeys and a wookie.

warnings: light made-up name-calling, mild swearing, a scuffle involving blasters, a trash compactor, possible claustrophobia trigger

word count: 5K

music: The Standoff by Ludwig Goransson

The bright red beam of excited gas ripped through the flesh of your shoulder with little warning. The unexpected sensation knocked you back against the wall, deafening every other limb in your body and directing every ounce of adrenaline to the inflicted area. The smell of simmering armor and charred flesh filled your helmet, which you hastily ripped off, gasping for air as the shock stripped the last vapor of air from your lungs.

"It's- it's a girl." The voice of a young man met your ears, fading in and out against the blare of rushing blood in your head. There was a moment of timid silence as they stared at you, lowering their blasters.

"I'm just as shocked, kid," Another masculine voice filled the room, deeper than the last. "I didn't know they were pretty under there."

"I shot a girl! I can't believe I shot a girl!" The first exclaimed, running a frantic hand through his blond hair.

"What's the big deal? She's one of them!"

"You can't shoot a girl! It just isn't right!"

"That's what you're worried about!? We've got about two minutes before someone up there figures out how to override that blue rust-bucket's circuits and send reinforcements to barge through that door and kill us all!"

"Are you alright, miss?"

As you hastily sucked the air back into your lungs, you became vaguely aware of approaching footsteps. You tried to pull your focus to the approaching figure, whose gentle voice came nearer by the second. As his white-clad boots stopped short next to yours, your eyes widened, and you raised your blaster in a heartbeat, slamming it into the pink tint of his left cheek.

With a dull and sickening sound upon impact, he staggered back and stumbled over the debris of panels and corpses that the previous barrage of blasterfire had left in its wake.

"Luke!"

When his body collided with the ground, his blaster hit the floor, prompting you to kick it out of his reach. In a second's glance, you repositioned your blaster to the other man's chest.

"Hey! Don't point that thing at me!"

You studied their faces as you glanced between them. They obviously weren't Stormtroopers or even Imperial sympathizers; troopers were trained from childhood onward, before any memories or attachments could sway their devotion to the Empire. These two had evidently found their way onto the base, overtaken a control room, and downed a dozen or more imps.