27

A/N: I just want to say a big thank you to those who are reading and enjoying the book. In three more chapters, we will reach the end, and I'm so grateful to all of you who like this. I was super proud to be able to write this over winter break from college, even though it was hard with a 6 year old sister yapping every second of the day. But I did it, and I'm super happy with myself :)

Thank you again, and enjoy the chapter!

~~~

《Erik》

*Two weeks later*

Despite a few rough patches, Alia's shoulder has been healing as expected. It will take more than a few months to get every aspect back to normal, but she should be able to take the gauze off soon and have the stitches removed. There has been no sign of infection, thankfully, as I take deep care to ensure her healthy healing. I've noticed her energy has dipped a bit, and she hasn't been up to the surface quite as often. She would stay and fall asleep on the couch while I play to her, or she snoozes with Ayesha after giving the cat much needed attention. In fact, that is where she's at now; on the couch, with Ayesha curled on her bosom.

My eyes capture her beauty even from the door as I stand. How am I so lucky to have this woman beside me? My gaze drops to the ring on her hand. We are going to be married. I will finally have a wife to love and cherish, to cook for, sing and play for, spend Sundays walking in nature with her... Even out in public, her nurturing personality makes me forget about the monstrosity that I am. She makes me feel alive and loved. I feel like a man with her...

Excitedly, my mind drifts back to the night we shared together in utter vulnerability. A blush coats my cheeks, and I let out a shallow sigh before turning the corner and leaning against the wall, closing my eyes. Since that night, I've felt closer to Alia than ever before, as if that one night solidified everything. She bared herself to me fully, as did I in return. I remember her shying away with the sheets around her because of another scar she bears. That scar burdened her heavily...

"Wait..." Alia breathes quietly, wrapping the blanket around her body as she perches on my hips. My heart is thrashing wildly at the sight of her before me, but her sudden bashful move furrows my brows.

"What is it?" My voice comes out low and rough through arousal, and my hands glide gently to hers, tugging lightly. In the darkness, her cheeks are a deeper color than the rest of her. I can tell she is embarrassed. She should know there is nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing on her could compare to my ugliness. I will love every inch of her, even if she is scarred head to toe.

Her hands grip the blanket tight as I hold them. "I-I don't know. I don't want you to see it."

"You are beautiful, my dove," I reassure her and run my palm over her cheek. My thumb brushes against the scar on her face, and her eyes flutter closed, her hands loosening their grip. "I am lying before you, mangled like a circus lion. I would never judge an inch of your body, Alia. Trust me."

Her teeth run over her bottom lip, making my own lips tingle with an urge to kiss her. "I do trust you... It's just...nobody's ever seen this one."

"Let me be the first, and the last," I coo and run my fingers to her chin, tilting her head down to meet my eyes. Tears brim her eyes, constricting my heart. "I promise, I will only love you more."